L.A. Noire - Parnell’s Leek & Potato Soup
“Reefer Madness” was released a few weeks ago as a DLC case for the epic and wonderful L.A Noire (which I was lucky enough to be a focus tester for). “Reefer Madness” along with “The Consul’s Car”, sadly a PS3 exclusive, are two of my favourite cases in the whole game - I personally found the DLC for LAN had some of the best cases that had the best personality - they really channelled the advanced story-telling of the game. But enough about that - drugs in soup cans you say?! I was a little confused over which soup to make; The drug dealing house is filled with boxes of tomato, but the deal in the paper they have is about minestrone, then out back the ‘reefer’ is hidden in a can of tomato and a can of leek and potato (both of which you have to open if you want an achievement) and then Parnell’s factory is just rammed with all sorts of vegetables! But when a little bit of fabulous merchandise came my way my mind was made up on which recipe to go for and I suppose in the end it does fit better with the gameplay anyway.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-4.
What you will need: A large pot and a hand blender.
1 Large White Onion
2 Medium Leeks
2 Medium Potatoes
500ml / 2¼ Cups Chicken/Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoons Butter
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making The Soup:
- Finely chop the onion, slice the leeks and potatoes.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pot then add the onions, sweat them with the lid on for about 15 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Add the leeks and butter and sweat for a further 10.
- Next add the potatoes and the chicken/vegetable stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
- Once simmered, using a hand blender, liquidise the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of cream and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
I couldn’t find an in-game shot of the can! If anyone has one please send it to me!
I’ve eaten a lot of soup - soup from a can, packet soup, cuppa soup, soup from a carton… I was apprehensive about making leek and potato, it’s normally salty and over powering and usually repeats on me for hours after but once again home-made proves a winner! It was quite a light and refreshing soup, even if I did eat my weight in a poppy seed bloomer with it (which was oh my, so delicious - how do people not eat carbs?) I’ve heard you can also eat this type of soup cold with a lot of cream and I can imagine that would be rather good! So no need to check your notebook and debate over the evidence, I’m maintaining eye-contact and not shifting around, so you can confidently choose Truth on this one, boyo.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Metal Gear Solid - Rations.
- ms-face likes this
- pfeffernusse reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- willowpudge27 reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- willowpudge27 likes this
- concreteandwaterx likes this
- latorgator reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- latorgator likes this
- iseetheworldkeepmovingasistumble reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- iseetheworldkeepmovingasistumble likes this
- nonveganzombie likes this
- beccawoof likes this
- milktofu likes this
- failmatt likes this
- aworldofdreams likes this
- hikaripc reblogged this from tarpfortsandteardropcampers
- hikaripc likes this
- tarpfortsandteardropcampers reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thelittlelapdog reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- raddragon likes this
- katistrophe reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- queergiraffe likes this
- ivorykitten likes this
- shemadecherries likes this
- penandpoison reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pretermit likes this
- dragonsbones likes this
- la-parapluie-rouge reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chaoticllamalove likes this
- timedemons likes this
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lionushiromiya likes this
- samueldcp likes this
- nerdyrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pepperjack413 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pepperjack413 likes this
- noncutiebooty likes this
- inexorablyacademic reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- candyflosspink likes this
- thatlostasian reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thatlostasian likes this
- pukeboy likes this
- fallencastles likes this
- apocalypsearcylakey likes this
- viavache likes this
- exscreamlycreative likes this
- incisorteeth likes this
- gmusic13 likes this
- shaboodleoodle reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- altruisticotaku likes this