L.A. Noire - Parnell’s Leek & Potato Soup
“Reefer Madness” was released a few weeks ago as a DLC case for the epic and wonderful L.A Noire (which I was lucky enough to be a focus tester for). “Reefer Madness” along with “The Consul’s Car”, sadly a PS3 exclusive, are two of my favourite cases in the whole game - I personally found the DLC for LAN had some of the best cases that had the best personality - they really channelled the advanced story-telling of the game. But enough about that - drugs in soup cans you say?! I was a little confused over which soup to make; The drug dealing house is filled with boxes of tomato, but the deal in the paper they have is about minestrone, then out back the ‘reefer’ is hidden in a can of tomato and a can of leek and potato (both of which you have to open if you want an achievement) and then Parnell’s factory is just rammed with all sorts of vegetables! But when a little bit of fabulous merchandise came my way my mind was made up on which recipe to go for and I suppose in the end it does fit better with the gameplay anyway.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-4.
What you will need: A large pot and a hand blender.
1 Large White Onion
2 Medium Leeks
2 Medium Potatoes
500ml / 2¼ Cups Chicken/Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoons Butter
Salt and Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making The Soup:
- Finely chop the onion, slice the leeks and potatoes.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a pot then add the onions, sweat them with the lid on for about 15 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- Add the leeks and butter and sweat for a further 10.
- Next add the potatoes and the chicken/vegetable stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
- Once simmered, using a hand blender, liquidise the soup and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a swirl of cream and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
I couldn’t find an in-game shot of the can! If anyone has one please send it to me!
I’ve eaten a lot of soup - soup from a can, packet soup, cuppa soup, soup from a carton… I was apprehensive about making leek and potato, it’s normally salty and over powering and usually repeats on me for hours after but once again home-made proves a winner! It was quite a light and refreshing soup, even if I did eat my weight in a poppy seed bloomer with it (which was oh my, so delicious - how do people not eat carbs?) I’ve heard you can also eat this type of soup cold with a lot of cream and I can imagine that would be rather good! So no need to check your notebook and debate over the evidence, I’m maintaining eye-contact and not shifting around, so you can confidently choose Truth on this one, boyo.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Metal Gear Solid - Rations.
- kccoaeon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kccoaeon likes this
- nyrodineezayo likes this
- battyshogun likes this
- brandontod97 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- brandontod97 likes this
- happy-sand-box likes this
- figgityfuckfuckfuck likes this
- r-to-the-core reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core likes this
- sigma-enigma likes this
- viridiancaffie likes this
- terminallygallowed reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- terminallygallowed likes this
- allaboardthen0petrain likes this
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x likes this
- pernicieuses reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- prettyprinceoftrash likes this
- imadorknumba1 likes this
- xxkuroikumoxx likes this
- thedemonballerina likes this
- adorkablepineapple likes this
- fatassvegan likes this
- kotarawr reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- zombibmo likes this
- quarticchrono likes this
- robotokid reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- blynxee likes this
- omg-im-fucking-hungry reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- farnorthsififan likes this
- tobiaskun likes this
- candlelightchaos28 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- candlelightchaos28 likes this
- skelecanes likes this
- seththesloth2 likes this
- snehls likes this
- khaleezee likes this
- risa-bettou likes this
- neryzza likes this
- betterangels22 likes this
- princeofgrebes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- princeofgrebes likes this
- tgmgrizzlyjazz reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- tgmgrizzlyjazz likes this
- erinthetrickster likes this
- the-chalk-dust-riddle likes this
- the-meatgrinder likes this
- pfeffernusse reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- willowpudge27 reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added: