Request: Paper Mario - Koopasta
I got a request through to make some Koopasta and was rather envious that I hadn’t thought of this sooner - after all spaghetti is Mario and Luigi’s favourite food. Koopasta (I guess Koopaghetti didn‘t have the same ring to it) can be made by cooking a ‘Koopa Leaf’ with some ‘Dried Pasta’ in the original Paper Mario or with ‘Fresh Pasta’/’Spaghetti’ and a ‘Turtley Leaf’ in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I had never played Paper Mario until I got Super Paper Mario for the Wii and I thought it was pretty damn awesome; though I think I became too obsessed with trying to collect things from some guy who, from what I can recall, would appear in some sewer system and try to sell me things that would only spawn on certain dates and times ultimately reminding me why this aspect of Japanese gaming is detrimental to my health. Anyway, there’s two versions of the dish that look rather different and since the requester never specified which Paper Mario I’ve gone with the one that looks slightly more iconic or at least more interesting to make.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-4.
What you will need: A large pot, frying pan, a bowl and a food blender or mortar and pestle.
250g / 4 Cups Fresh Spaghetti/Tagliatelle Verdi
1 Baby Gem Lettuce Leaf
1 Clove Garlic
80g / 1 Cup Fresh Basil
20g / ⅛ Cup Pine Nuts
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Preparing the Pesto:
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside.
- Put the garlic, basil and a pinch of salt into a food blender and pulse.
- Add the pine nuts and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the parmesan and olive oil and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more parmesan if you want.
Making the Koopasta:
- With the pesto prepared, boil some water in a deep pot then add the spaghetti verdi and cook as per the instructions on your pack.
- Once cooked, strain the spaghetti, return it to the pot (not on the heat) and slowly add pesto to the spaghetti until there’s just enough to coat the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with a baby gem lettuce leaf.
I hate pesto. When I decided to make this my taste tester remarked “but we hate pesto, why would we eat this?”, then he realised that a few weeks ago he did eat a sandwich filled with turkey, jam and Cookie Crisp cereal so maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. Whenever I think about pesto I just think of that episode of Seinfeld (The Busboy) where George says “Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I’ll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it. Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that’s all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.” But now I love pesto. As long as it’s my pesto and not some swamp juice from a jar.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Paper Mario - Zess Frappe.
- marshmallowservant likes this
- theemeraldterror likes this
- raupenimmerasatt reblogged this from asliverofmybrain
- nvzfoodref reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sinxeckt likes this
- mattheusthegreat likes this
- cu-tie-pat-oot-ie likes this
- honeysweetiepie likes this
- amalegardevoir likes this
- thebigdeepcheatsy likes this
- ludowhovian reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nomadation likes this
- porkchop-sandvviches reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- missalisu likes this
- anactualrayquaza reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anactualrayquaza likes this
- asktentacletiki likes this
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mrsteelaggron likes this
- nerdyrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- a2thajay reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- noncutiebooty likes this
- purpledazz reblogged this from haruka-tavares
- haruka-tavares reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- haruka-tavares likes this
- yoshis10 likes this
- pukeboy likes this
- awesomedroogie likes this
- giraffesweets reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- 0nix-ceptable likes this
- fallencastles likes this
- geistunitv likes this
- adelielovestoeat likes this
- godzillachaos reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- blunthorsetrauma likes this
- decembermagpie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- eggsorcism likes this
- chibinekocat likes this
- binnonic likes this
- rosyskeleton likes this
- zesquid likes this
- ravynsreferences reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cobiwindagger likes this
- shadesmind likes this
- thatnerdlywaffle likes this
- ask-bandaid likes this
- thatasianmike likes this
- that-coolblue reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- that-coolblue likes this
- anthropologylove likes this