Request: Paper Mario - Koopasta
I got a request through to make some Koopasta and was rather envious that I hadn’t thought of this sooner - after all spaghetti is Mario and Luigi’s favourite food. Koopasta (I guess Koopaghetti didn‘t have the same ring to it) can be made by cooking a ‘Koopa Leaf’ with some ‘Dried Pasta’ in the original Paper Mario or with ‘Fresh Pasta’/’Spaghetti’ and a ‘Turtley Leaf’ in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I had never played Paper Mario until I got Super Paper Mario for the Wii and I thought it was pretty damn awesome; though I think I became too obsessed with trying to collect things from some guy who, from what I can recall, would appear in some sewer system and try to sell me things that would only spawn on certain dates and times ultimately reminding me why this aspect of Japanese gaming is detrimental to my health. Anyway, there’s two versions of the dish that look rather different and since the requester never specified which Paper Mario I’ve gone with the one that looks slightly more iconic or at least more interesting to make.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-4.
What you will need: A large pot, frying pan, a bowl and a food blender or mortar and pestle.
250g / 4 Cups Fresh Spaghetti/Tagliatelle Verdi
1 Baby Gem Lettuce Leaf
1 Clove Garlic
80g / 1 Cup Fresh Basil
20g / ⅛ Cup Pine Nuts
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Preparing the Pesto:
- Lightly toast the pine nuts in a dry pan and set aside.
- Put the garlic, basil and a pinch of salt into a food blender and pulse.
- Add the pine nuts and blend again.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the parmesan and olive oil and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add more parmesan if you want.
Making the Koopasta:
- With the pesto prepared, boil some water in a deep pot then add the spaghetti verdi and cook as per the instructions on your pack.
- Once cooked, strain the spaghetti, return it to the pot (not on the heat) and slowly add pesto to the spaghetti until there’s just enough to coat the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with a baby gem lettuce leaf.
I hate pesto. When I decided to make this my taste tester remarked “but we hate pesto, why would we eat this?”, then he realised that a few weeks ago he did eat a sandwich filled with turkey, jam and Cookie Crisp cereal so maybe this wouldn’t be so bad. Whenever I think about pesto I just think of that episode of Seinfeld (The Busboy) where George says “Why do I get pesto? Why do I think I’ll like it? I keep trying to like it, like I have to like it. Everybody likes pesto. You walk into a restaurant, that’s all you hear - pesto, pesto, pesto.” But now I love pesto. As long as it’s my pesto and not some swamp juice from a jar.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Paper Mario - Zess Frappe.
- shukijenkins likes this
- shukijenkins reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x likes this
- phoenix459 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chibinouta reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chibinouta likes this
- createthefuckingchaos likes this
- nintendy-sixty-fur reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- randomminecrafterposts likes this
- viridianarchivist likes this
- dagger-kitsune likes this
- peachkind likes this
- mallow-wolf reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mallow-wolf likes this
- yeagatsu128 likes this
- blynxee likes this
- gustofwinduhdance likes this
- maworm likes this
- like-daisy likes this
- dulled-shining likes this
- candlelightchaos28 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- candlelightchaos28 likes this
- pigeonsaurus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- beautifullytragic8 likes this
- spottly reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- healthfoodfairy reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- honeyhoneychan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- eveesteevees likes this
- runeprana likes this
- xx-sinwriter reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- xx-sinwriter likes this
- neryzza likes this
- missmonochromexiii likes this
- knowwheretolook reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- green-chan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- green-chan likes this
- cutelacute likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- theemeraldterror likes this
- raupenimmerasatt reblogged this from asliverofmybrain
- nvzfoodref reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sinxeckt likes this
- mattheusthegreat likes this
- cu-tie-pat-oot-ie likes this
- honeysweetiepie likes this
- amegastunfisk likes this
- thebigdeepcheatsy likes this
- ludowhovian reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nomadation likes this
- porkchop-sandvviches reblogged this from gourmetgaming