Deadly Premonition (Red Seeds Profile) - “Sinner’s Sandwich”
Deadly Premonition is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Ever. And in a way it’s responsible for the creation of Gourmet Gaming. A few months ago I hosted a play-through party and decided to serve up snacks inspired by the game to get everyone in the mood. There were doughnuts, pie (from Twin Peaks; Deadly Premonitions obvious source of inspiration), coffee, ‘the’ pickles and of course “Sinner’s Sandwiches”.
The “Sinner’s Sandwich” is so iconic, I think, partly down to it’s rather unusual ingredients that Francis York Morgan provides with the air of an urban myth. It’s my belief that perhaps there’s a slight mistranslation though, the ingredients are: turkey, strawberry jam and cereal. I think that maybe the ‘cereal’ is a bit of a mistake, it sounds like it should probably be more of a turkey, conserve and stuffing sandwich but instead ends up as some fantastical mess, and better for it I say!
Mr. Francis York Morgan, You should try this wonderful lunch. It’s more than a delicious, tasty crunch. So says Mr. Stewart.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 8.
What you will need: Balls.
A Loaf of White Crustless Bread
2 Turkey Breasts
A Jar of High Quality Strawberry Jam or Conserve
Cereal - I chose a Nestlé Pick-A-Pack (Cheerios, Nesquik, Honey Shreddies, Cookie Crisp, Honey Cheerios and Shreddies)
Butter or Margarine
Making the Sandwich:
- I bought my turkey breast fresh and cooked it slowly in the oven with a little butter - but feel free to use pre-cooked chunks, not processed slices.
- Get two pieces of bread; spread a little butter on one and the strawberry conserve liberally on the other.
- Cut the turkey breast into medium slices at an angle and lay the pieces onto the buttered piece of bread.
- Pick a cereal of your choice and sprinkle generously over the conserve.
- Place the second piece of bread strawberry side down on top and cut the sandwich diagonally to serve.
Last time I made these I used regular turkey slices so this time I tried a thicker and fresher cut of breast and I think it’s worked better. I also used Rice Crispies as the cereal and although it worked well it wasn’t very exciting, it just added a little crunch. I made four types of “Sinner’s Sandwiches” this time with Cookie Crisp, Cheerios, Honey Nut Shredded Wheat and Golden Nuggets - I encourage you to use any cereal you like. My taste testers agreed the “Sinner’s Sandwich” is pretty good as a sandwich, if a little strange. Apparently the Honey Nut Shredded Wheat worked best with the Cheerios a close second and I’ve been told to avoid chocolate based cereals entirely - it just doesn’t work at all. The “Sinner’s Sandwich” probably isn’t something you’d choose for lunch like Mr. Stewart suggests, but for it’s cult status it’s definitely something worth trying at least once.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Deadly Premonition - Thomas’ Biscuit.
- pretentious-pouser reblogged this from pretentious-pouser
- crushed-blue likes this
- noeliru reblogged this from conronorock
- willard07 likes this
- syntheticbatty likes this
- conronorock reblogged this from captainkupo
- conronorock likes this
- captainkupo likes this
- captainkupo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ask-catrin likes this
- peanut-butter-n-marshmallows likes this
- mysterygrave reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- boredandalive likes this
- r-to-the-core reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core likes this
- tekno-pathetic likes this
- ismat-urbur likes this
- illus-d-ente reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- illus-d-ente likes this
- krcasexy likes this
- nerdytrolleys likes this
- dehixem likes this
- its-localbusiness-time likes this
- boringstein reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- boringstein likes this
- cordito likes this
- doppibro reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- createthefuckingchaos likes this
- chronotard likes this
- bilbosbackend likes this
- mrsamsamjam reblogged this from bennyisherp
- bennyisherp reblogged this from boobwizard
- captain-snugglesnoo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- littlebluecaboosechugchugchug likes this
- kyleklims reblogged this from nanamichiakivevo
- kyleklims likes this
- nanamichiakivevo reblogged this from boobwizard
- bennyisherp likes this
- boobwizard reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- gluethegrue likes this
- iguanafish reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- graveyardofdicks likes this
- mantaabyssus likes this
- mallow-wolf reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mallow-wolf likes this
- kirexgif likes this
- rubyote likes this
- theres-something-about-gaming likes this
- bigbuttjackson likes this
- bigbuttjackson reblogged this from thejewker