Deadly Premonition (Red Seeds Profile) - “Sinner’s Sandwich”
Deadly Premonition is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Ever. And in a way it’s responsible for the creation of Gourmet Gaming. A few months ago I hosted a play-through party and decided to serve up snacks inspired by the game to get everyone in the mood. There were doughnuts, pie (from Twin Peaks; Deadly Premonitions obvious source of inspiration), coffee, ‘the’ pickles and of course “Sinner’s Sandwiches”.
The “Sinner’s Sandwich” is so iconic, I think, partly down to it’s rather unusual ingredients that Francis York Morgan provides with the air of an urban myth. It’s my belief that perhaps there’s a slight mistranslation though, the ingredients are: turkey, strawberry jam and cereal. I think that maybe the ‘cereal’ is a bit of a mistake, it sounds like it should probably be more of a turkey, conserve and stuffing sandwich but instead ends up as some fantastical mess, and better for it I say!
Mr. Francis York Morgan, You should try this wonderful lunch. It’s more than a delicious, tasty crunch. So says Mr. Stewart.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 8.
What you will need: Balls.
A Loaf of White Crustless Bread
2 Turkey Breasts
A Jar of High Quality Strawberry Jam or Conserve
Cereal - I chose a Nestlé Pick-A-Pack (Cheerios, Nesquik, Honey Shreddies, Cookie Crisp, Honey Cheerios and Shreddies)
Butter or Margarine
Making the Sandwich:
- I bought my turkey breast fresh and cooked it slowly in the oven with a little butter - but feel free to use pre-cooked chunks, not processed slices.
- Get two pieces of bread; spread a little butter on one and the strawberry conserve liberally on the other.
- Cut the turkey breast into medium slices at an angle and lay the pieces onto the buttered piece of bread.
- Pick a cereal of your choice and sprinkle generously over the conserve.
- Place the second piece of bread strawberry side down on top and cut the sandwich diagonally to serve.
Last time I made these I used regular turkey slices so this time I tried a thicker and fresher cut of breast and I think it’s worked better. I also used Rice Crispies as the cereal and although it worked well it wasn’t very exciting, it just added a little crunch. I made four types of “Sinner’s Sandwiches” this time with Cookie Crisp, Cheerios, Honey Nut Shredded Wheat and Golden Nuggets - I encourage you to use any cereal you like. My taste testers agreed the “Sinner’s Sandwich” is pretty good as a sandwich, if a little strange. Apparently the Honey Nut Shredded Wheat worked best with the Cheerios a close second and I’ve been told to avoid chocolate based cereals entirely - it just doesn’t work at all. The “Sinner’s Sandwich” probably isn’t something you’d choose for lunch like Mr. Stewart suggests, but for it’s cult status it’s definitely something worth trying at least once.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Deadly Premonition - Thomas’ Biscuit.
- obadiahs-segway likes this
- bi-femme reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anex4 reblogged this from omgwoolie
- anex4 likes this
- seanthegrump reblogged this from omgwoolie
- seanthegrump likes this
- hey-pandabear reblogged this from omgwoolie
- hey-pandabear likes this
- omgwoolie reblogged this from britat221b
- britat221b reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- emeraldevisc reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- emeraldevisc likes this
- magical-girl-ali likes this
- risuruchan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sleepnoises likes this
- prostheticpolygons likes this
- fuckmountain69 likes this
- ricemilk-and-doughnutholes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- delcat likes this
- futuresaywhat likes this
- babyrosea likes this
- thegreenlanturn reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- silkyskykitten likes this
- loveuno11 reblogged this from dizmama
- dizmama reblogged this from oddments-and-curiosities
- oddments-and-curiosities reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- oddments-and-curiosities likes this
- lodestonemedia reblogged this from fuckyeahmeelz
- fuckyeahmeelz reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- arachnic likes this
- crypricrose likes this
- markatansky likes this
- rottenmeats reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- hungryhufflepuff reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- royal-ten-in-bomb likes this
- bubbledewitt reblogged this from penultimate-illusion
- penultimate-illusion reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- upickvg reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- chountcockula likes this
- dickrebuttle likes this
- styracosaurus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- hungryhufflepuff likes this
- arcticdarkness reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- wreckerscombine reblogged this from senatorchugway
- watchdog-n reblogged this from senatorchugway
- senatorchugway reblogged this from salamandersalsa
- salamandersalsa likes this
- salamandersalsa reblogged this from tailsthefoxy
- tailsthefoxy reblogged this from usesufficientcaution