ChristMMOs: World of Warcraft – Winter Veil Gingerbread Cookies
Merry ChristMMOs! This festive season, Gourmet Gaming will be celebrating with a selection of treats from your favourite MMOs to bring a little bit of gaming to your table this holiday season.
I love gingerbread. I start to buy it around Halloween and then never stop – once, I managed to get a pretty big gingerbread cookie for a mere nine English pennies. It was a good day. I didn’t care that it had a ghost on it and it was November 3rd that is beside the point! The Winter Veil Gingerbread Cookie has featured in World of Warcraft’s festive Winter Veil event for a few years now. This year there’s even a quest titled “The Winter Veil Gourmet” featuring the Winter Veil Gingerbread Cookies, Egg Nog and Hot Apple Cider…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 24 cookies.
What you will need: A baking tray, greaseproof paper/baking parchment, 2 large mixing bowls, a sieve, 1 tree-shaped cookie cutter, a wooden spoon, a small bowl, and a pastry brush.
200g / 1½ Cups Plain Flour
Pinch of Salt
¼ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
2-3 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves
¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
55g / ¼ Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
50g / ¼ Cup Caster/Superfine Sugar
1 Egg (Room Temperature)
70g / ⅓ Cup Molasses Sugar
200g / 7 oz. Green Royal Icing
White Icing Decorating Tubes
2 Tablespoons Icing/Confectioners Sugar
Making the Winter Veil Gingerbread Cookies:
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and spices into a large bowl then set aside. Line a baking tray with baking paper/greaseproof parchment.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and caster sugar together for about a minute. Add the egg and molasses sugar, and continue to mix until well combined. Slowly add the flour and spice mixture, continually beating gently until a dough is formed.
- Bring the dough together, then wrap it in cling film/saran wrap and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Once chilled, kneed the cookie dough gently on a floured surface before rolling out to about ¼ Inch thick.
- Use the cookie cutters to make your shapes, and set them on the baking tray; evenly spaced and not too crowded. Chill the prepared cookie shapes for 5-10 minutes in the freezer before baking in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes, depending on their size, then remove from the oven to cool. Repeat this process as needed until all the dough is used.
Garnishing the Winter Veil Gingerbread Cookies:
- While the cookies cool, mix the two tablespoons icing/confectioners sugar with a little water to create an icing paste in a small bowl – this will act as a glue between the cookie and the green royal icing.
- Roll out the green royal icing on a surface dusted with icing/confectioners sugar to about 1cm thick. Use the cookie cutter again to create the same shapes from the green royal icing. You may need to trim the stumps of the trees off with a knife.
- Paint a little of the icing paste on to the surface of the tree shaped cookie, then carefully stick the royal icing tree on top. Use a small rolling pin to evenly distribute the royal icing, to avoid finger prints.
- Repeat the process until all the cookies are covered with a green royal icing top. Finally, use the white icing tubes to trace a delicate line around the inner edge to finish the Winter Veil Cookies.
I brought these cookies into work and, frankly, I’ve never been so popular. They were lucky there were any left as I had previously made another batch of 36 that never even made it from the kitchen. You can of course use the recipe above to make any shape cookie, or even add a small hole prior to baking if you’d like to hang them from your tree this Winter Veil.
Like this? You might also enjoy the World of Warcraft – Graccu’s Mince Meat Fruitcake.
- littlemisadventures reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- littlemisadventures likes this
- mollcat716 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- my-life-was-interrupted reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- my-life-was-interrupted likes this
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 likes this
- seki-tekko reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- battyshogun likes this
- brandontod97 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chibitamichan likes this
- elcyy reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ask-catrin likes this
- chococat9 likes this
- adorkablepineapple likes this
- shukijenkins likes this
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x likes this
- urtesticals likes this
- itscharli3 likes this
- sailorsenshiofloveandjustice likes this
- presidentsempai likes this
- rawrzamarie likes this
- definenormalityuniverse likes this
- multibunnii likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- royallyons79 likes this
- nikhabitchxd likes this
- fyeahfoodrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- darklynk25 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- trueregent likes this
- legendaryjizzfactory reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- suddenlywaffle likes this
- justheretothink reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- namewritteninsand likes this
- beautifullytragic8 likes this
- brandontod97 likes this
- wannabechefychick23 likes this
- winnie-crossing likes this
- combattbaby likes this
- skelecanes likes this
- shoppin-for-sheep likes this
- ball-cipher likes this
- bricheesie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nakoosrebloggingblog reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- happisammi likes this
- btp-yami likes this
- jennaroses likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- xellis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lumanie reblogged this from gourmetgaming