Request: Minecraft – Pumpkin Pie
Someone was kind enough to remind me that it is Thanksgiving soon! Here in the UK we don’t celebrate the holiday, nor do we eat enough sweet pumpkin flavoured things if you ask me, so I was very, very excited when I saw Minecraft had recently added Pumpkin Pie. This recipe is a bit of a hybrid between a traditional pie, a cheesecake and delicious edible pixels. I promise this is the last recipe of the year that is orange and involves pastry, because it took me 4 attempts to get it just right this time. Not quite as simple as the input made it appear…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 2 small Pumpkin Pies.
What you will need: A 9-inch loose base cake tin, a large bowl, a whisk/electric mixer, and a 3.5 inch round cookie cutter.
150g / 6 oz Shortcrust Pastry [Recipe]
150g /⅔Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Pinch of Salt
400g / 2 Cups Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
230g / 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
Various shades of orange icing, cut into small squares.
Preparing the Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. With your pastry prepared, roll it out to about 1cm thick, and cut a piece to line the base of your cake tin.
- Bake it in the oven for 12 minutes until golden, then remove and leave to cool. Once it’s out of the oven, turn the temperature down to 180C/355F.
- Meanwhile, combine the light brown sugar with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and spices, while continuing to beat the cream cheese. Next add the eggs, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix again until combined, then pour the mixture over the now cooled pastry. Place a small tray of water in the bottom of the oven to keep the air moist.
- Put the pumpkin pie in the middle of the oven to bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, change the temperature of the oven to 160C/320F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once firm, remove the pumpkin pie and leave to cool before placing in the fridge to chill for several hours, or overnight.
Making the Pumpkin Pie:
- Remove the pumpkin pie from the cake tin and place on a flat surface. With the cooking and chilling, the filling will have contracted. Take a large round cookie cutter, and cut two perfect cakes from the large cake.
- Decorate each of the pumpkin pies with tiny icing pixels, and serve with some freshly whipped maple cream.
Beautifully creamy, fluffy and light with a crisp base – I’m feeling hybrids in baking are the way to go. I loved the sweetness with the spices, and then the unusual taste of pumpkin was really complimented by the gentle sour of the cream cheese. While I have no prior pumpkin experience, it was pretty delicious and something I’d like to bake into more cakes in the future for sure.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Cheesecake.
- flemmlii reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- underdomeriot likes this
- smash-into-me likes this
- spaceelf likes this
- caped-tanuki likes this
- jaybearisyours likes this
- refsforbaybay reblogged this from baybay--shushi
- willyoubemyplayertwo reblogged this from fictivefood
- the-fabulous-hunter reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- the-fabulous-hunter likes this
- shadesmind likes this
- 0ffbeatt reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- stefan-buttkowsky likes this
- orochirel likes this
- billthepony reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- billthepony likes this
- let-the-magic-happen likes this
- albinotaters likes this
- mokey-mokey reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jadelicat likes this
- theblasiangamer reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- americatier likes this
- littledeerling likes this
- quackfist likes this
- quackfist reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- captainspaz likes this
- mylovelybrighteyes likes this
- cuddlygamer likes this
- hoodedscarlet reblogged this from misscrockershugeknockers
- mariparry likes this
- charcharichigo reblogged this from misscrockershugeknockers
- misscrockershugeknockers reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- misscrockershugeknockers likes this
- combustiblefairycake reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- softdinner reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rainydaybakery reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mailjeevas66 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- brygpo reblogged this from omgitstehwarmuffin
- brygpo likes this
- omgitstehwarmuffin reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anthem4theunwanted likes this
- blazingbuck reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- vriska-the-badass likes this
- applesinhoney likes this
- kids-cuisine likes this
- halo4 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mozzazzella likes this
- pwrowl reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- melscookbook reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ispybluesky reblogged this from gourmetgaming