Request: Minecraft – Pumpkin Pie
Someone was kind enough to remind me that it is Thanksgiving soon! Here in the UK we don’t celebrate the holiday, nor do we eat enough sweet pumpkin flavoured things if you ask me, so I was very, very excited when I saw Minecraft had recently added Pumpkin Pie. This recipe is a bit of a hybrid between a traditional pie, a cheesecake and delicious edible pixels. I promise this is the last recipe of the year that is orange and involves pastry, because it took me 4 attempts to get it just right this time. Not quite as simple as the input made it appear…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 2 small Pumpkin Pies.
What you will need: A 9-inch loose base cake tin, a large bowl, a whisk/electric mixer, and a 3.5 inch round cookie cutter.
150g / 6 oz Shortcrust Pastry [Recipe]
150g /⅔Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Pinch of Salt
400g / 2 Cups Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
230g / 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
Various shades of orange icing, cut into small squares.
Preparing the Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. With your pastry prepared, roll it out to about 1cm thick, and cut a piece to line the base of your cake tin.
- Bake it in the oven for 12 minutes until golden, then remove and leave to cool. Once it’s out of the oven, turn the temperature down to 180C/355F.
- Meanwhile, combine the light brown sugar with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and spices, while continuing to beat the cream cheese. Next add the eggs, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix again until combined, then pour the mixture over the now cooled pastry. Place a small tray of water in the bottom of the oven to keep the air moist.
- Put the pumpkin pie in the middle of the oven to bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, change the temperature of the oven to 160C/320F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once firm, remove the pumpkin pie and leave to cool before placing in the fridge to chill for several hours, or overnight.
Making the Pumpkin Pie:
- Remove the pumpkin pie from the cake tin and place on a flat surface. With the cooking and chilling, the filling will have contracted. Take a large round cookie cutter, and cut two perfect cakes from the large cake.
- Decorate each of the pumpkin pies with tiny icing pixels, and serve with some freshly whipped maple cream.
Beautifully creamy, fluffy and light with a crisp base – I’m feeling hybrids in baking are the way to go. I loved the sweetness with the spices, and then the unusual taste of pumpkin was really complimented by the gentle sour of the cream cheese. While I have no prior pumpkin experience, it was pretty delicious and something I’d like to bake into more cakes in the future for sure.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Cheesecake.
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- spiralhatpirate likes this
- pier-renault likes this
- mellowpavogames likes this
- sciaenopsthemonkeyartist reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sciaenopsthemonkeyartist likes this
- sindurele likes this
- lichengeist likes this
- mojitomehshh likes this
- buggedbuggybug likes this
- spunge-cakes likes this
- udderliquid reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sharkbitegah likes this
- overcaffinated reblogged this from iironhide
- overcaffinated likes this
- elektravondemon likes this
- theamazingmrcat likes this
- crimsonfairytale reblogged this from iironhide
- iironhide reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- iironhide likes this
- definenormalityuniverse likes this
- asktheherosdarkside likes this
- nerptune reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- randomminecrafterposts likes this
- maragallen likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- celeste0723 likes this
- magelaurent likes this
- royallyons79 likes this
- fyeahfoodrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- itsraindropper likes this
- star-cruiser likes this
- rawr-im-a-zombie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rawr-im-a-zombie likes this
- portugalthekid likes this
- cat101495 likes this
- lynk25 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- gronos likes this
- troy-versus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bnoffeepi likes this
- peachkind likes this
- rachelguy72 reblogged this from recipesinmovies
- rachelguy72 likes this
- 8bitcuisine reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- magyks likes this
- zombibmo likes this
- recipes242 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sn0w-c0nes likes this
- yeagatsu128 likes this