Request: Minecraft – Pumpkin Pie
Someone was kind enough to remind me that it is Thanksgiving soon! Here in the UK we don’t celebrate the holiday, nor do we eat enough sweet pumpkin flavoured things if you ask me, so I was very, very excited when I saw Minecraft had recently added Pumpkin Pie. This recipe is a bit of a hybrid between a traditional pie, a cheesecake and delicious edible pixels. I promise this is the last recipe of the year that is orange and involves pastry, because it took me 4 attempts to get it just right this time. Not quite as simple as the input made it appear…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 2 small Pumpkin Pies.
What you will need: A 9-inch loose base cake tin, a large bowl, a whisk/electric mixer, and a 3.5 inch round cookie cutter.
150g / 6 oz Shortcrust Pastry [Recipe]
150g /⅔Cup Light Brown Sugar
½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Pinch of Salt
400g / 2 Cups Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)
3 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
230g / 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
Various shades of orange icing, cut into small squares.
Preparing the Pumpkin Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F. With your pastry prepared, roll it out to about 1cm thick, and cut a piece to line the base of your cake tin.
- Bake it in the oven for 12 minutes until golden, then remove and leave to cool. Once it’s out of the oven, turn the temperature down to 180C/355F.
- Meanwhile, combine the light brown sugar with the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a separate large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and spices, while continuing to beat the cream cheese. Next add the eggs, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well.
- Stir in the pumpkin and mix again until combined, then pour the mixture over the now cooled pastry. Place a small tray of water in the bottom of the oven to keep the air moist.
- Put the pumpkin pie in the middle of the oven to bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, change the temperature of the oven to 160C/320F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Once firm, remove the pumpkin pie and leave to cool before placing in the fridge to chill for several hours, or overnight.
Making the Pumpkin Pie:
- Remove the pumpkin pie from the cake tin and place on a flat surface. With the cooking and chilling, the filling will have contracted. Take a large round cookie cutter, and cut two perfect cakes from the large cake.
- Decorate each of the pumpkin pies with tiny icing pixels, and serve with some freshly whipped maple cream.
Beautifully creamy, fluffy and light with a crisp base – I’m feeling hybrids in baking are the way to go. I loved the sweetness with the spices, and then the unusual taste of pumpkin was really complimented by the gentle sour of the cream cheese. While I have no prior pumpkin experience, it was pretty delicious and something I’d like to bake into more cakes in the future for sure.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Cheesecake.
- giraffeabortionsarebad likes this
- darkladyfrog likes this
- openpolygon likes this
- aomap likes this
- shikamarufan14 likes this
- johnnyzombie likes this
- ronaldreganisnotdead likes this
- pandasockies0993 likes this
- la-parapluie-rouge reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pleases-n-thankyous reblogged this from megtheirishangel
- pleases-n-thankyous likes this
- delightful-missladybug likes this
- megtheirishangel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- megtheirishangel likes this
- redactedberger likes this
- joshman110 reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- smilecherries likes this
- wolfishlyphantasmal likes this
- msfcatlover reblogged this from anactualrayquaza
- sonicsociety likes this
- refi likes this
- bake-me-something reblogged this from coorelightgrey
- honeybeeprofessor likes this
- coorelightgrey reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- suiyou likes this
- glassrazor likes this
- anactualrayquaza reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anactualrayquaza likes this
- cogswithnooil likes this
- original-recipe-winnafish reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sungbyflamingtonguesabove likes this
- lazura reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lazura likes this
- samueldcp likes this
- dullpurpleashtray reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- octodads-dad reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- stuck-in-a-mineshaft-with-you likes this
- everythingispixelated reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rosecoveredtardis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fistofthenorthlobster reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- shedreamsfiction likes this
- yume-dango likes this
- yukidaruma24 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- yukidaruma24 likes this
- my-little-patillo likes this
- cuonalpinus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ichiigosan likes this
- yc99fd-girl reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cyberpunkassassin likes this
- a2thajay reblogged this from gourmetgaming