Dishonored – Apricot Tartlet
A couple of weeks ago (which possibly explains why I missed a few posts - oops), after much of my own misplaced scepticism I will admit, I began playing Dishonored… and I love it! Apricot Tartlets have currently been few and far between during my adventures, and appear to be a treat of the privileged and wealthy; far away from the plague and endless cans of Hagfish rations. Here is a recipe to make an Apricot Tartlet any Lady Boyle would appreciate.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 4 Apricot Tartlets.
What you will need: 4 small tart tins, a rolling pin, baking beans, a baking tray and a small saucepan.
4 Dried Apricots (Finely Chopped)
350g / 12 oz Shortcrust Pastry - Recipe
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
25g / ⅛ Cup Caster/Superfine Sugar
½ Vanilla Pod
100ml / ½ Cup Double/Heavy Cream
4 Tablespoons Ground Almonds
4 Tablespoons Apricot Jam/Jelly
16 Fresh Apricot Halves
Apricot Brandy (Optional)
Preparing the Apricot Tartlet:
- Take the finely chopped dried apricots and put them in a bowl. Pour over with apricot brandy and leave the stand. If you don’t want to use the brandy, leave this step out.
- Roll out the pastry to about 1-2cm thick, then line the tart tins. Place them in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Once chilled, take the tart cases from the freezer, fill them with the baking beans and place on a baking tray. Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, until the pastry is very lightly golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, then remove the baking beans. Leave the casings to cool while you prepare the filling. Turn to oven down to 180/355F.
- In a bowl gently mix together the egg, sugar and vanilla. Add the cream and stir. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of ground almonds to cover the base of each tart.
- Strain the infused dried apricots, and add a few pieces to each tart. Pour over the custard filling, leaving a small gap at the top. Bake them in the oven for 10-13 minutes until the filling is just set. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Garnishing the Apricot Tartlet:
- In a small saucepan, add the apricot jam/jelly, an optional teaspoon of apricot brandy, and the fresh halved apricots.
- Warm the jam/jelly though until it is loose and the apricots are softened, then remove from the heat. Once the jam/jelly begins to cool and set once again, carefully spoon a thin layer onto the tarts, then top with a few of the glazed apricots.
- Chill the Tarts in the fridge until set, then serve with a glass of Gristol Cider.
One might ask why no ‘Jellied Eels’ – would you like to eat Jellied Eels? Didn’t think so.
These Apricot Tartlets are light and decadent. The custard is fabulous with the sweet apricot topping, and a dollop of freshly whipped cream would be a perfect accompaniment. So now you too can enjoy one without visiting your local brothel, or taking part in childish guessing games at a party. You’re welcome.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Skyrim: Hearthfire - Snowberry Crostata.
- ask-thepyraliskids likes this
- really-what-the-fuck-is-love likes this
- fairlyoffal reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- humblbumblesoul likes this
- tgmgrizzlyjazz reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- tgmgrizzlyjazz likes this
- thegreatassbuttofgallifrey likes this
- tinkchick555 likes this
- shadowtheendermage reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kittenrfluffy reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kittenrfluffy likes this
- jennaroses likes this
- xneloea likes this
- crazystuffglorysays reblogged this from soleilvioleta
- soursight likes this
- gaycdc likes this
- soleilvioleta likes this
- soleilvioleta reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- shadowtheendermage likes this
- juyoukiss reblogged this from aquicomotolosdias
- juyoukiss likes this
- exogyaru likes this
- aquicomotolosdias reblogged this from recipesinmovies
- ladyofnarnia likes this
- recipesinmovies reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- suspiciousspud reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- happisammi likes this
- ohpavi likes this
- makoto-magica reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sharkcola likes this
- ashtray-heart21 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- msursa likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- healthybodyandfoodsdaily likes this
- proto-zer0 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- giazania likes this
- nonveganzombie likes this
- beccawoof likes this
- legolas-the-house-elf likes this
- vbabyeats reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- trashspace likes this
- sorcel-evernight reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lesbealiens reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- roadwalker11 likes this
- shsl-goldenrecords likes this
- oddments-and-curiosities reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- oddments-and-curiosities likes this
- triforcebeast likes this
- truthcalledyouout likes this
- ivorykitten likes this