Dishonored – Apricot Tartlet
A couple of weeks ago (which possibly explains why I missed a few posts - oops), after much of my own misplaced scepticism I will admit, I began playing Dishonored… and I love it! Apricot Tartlets have currently been few and far between during my adventures, and appear to be a treat of the privileged and wealthy; far away from the plague and endless cans of Hagfish rations. Here is a recipe to make an Apricot Tartlet any Lady Boyle would appreciate.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 4 Apricot Tartlets.
What you will need: 4 small tart tins, a rolling pin, baking beans, a baking tray and a small saucepan.
4 Dried Apricots (Finely Chopped)
350g / 12 oz Shortcrust Pastry - Recipe
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
25g / ⅛ Cup Caster/Superfine Sugar
½ Vanilla Pod
100ml / ½ Cup Double/Heavy Cream
4 Tablespoons Ground Almonds
4 Tablespoons Apricot Jam/Jelly
16 Fresh Apricot Halves
Apricot Brandy (Optional)
Preparing the Apricot Tartlet:
- Take the finely chopped dried apricots and put them in a bowl. Pour over with apricot brandy and leave the stand. If you don’t want to use the brandy, leave this step out.
- Roll out the pastry to about 1-2cm thick, then line the tart tins. Place them in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Once chilled, take the tart cases from the freezer, fill them with the baking beans and place on a baking tray. Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, until the pastry is very lightly golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, then remove the baking beans. Leave the casings to cool while you prepare the filling. Turn to oven down to 180/355F.
- In a bowl gently mix together the egg, sugar and vanilla. Add the cream and stir. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of ground almonds to cover the base of each tart.
- Strain the infused dried apricots, and add a few pieces to each tart. Pour over the custard filling, leaving a small gap at the top. Bake them in the oven for 10-13 minutes until the filling is just set. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Garnishing the Apricot Tartlet:
- In a small saucepan, add the apricot jam/jelly, an optional teaspoon of apricot brandy, and the fresh halved apricots.
- Warm the jam/jelly though until it is loose and the apricots are softened, then remove from the heat. Once the jam/jelly begins to cool and set once again, carefully spoon a thin layer onto the tarts, then top with a few of the glazed apricots.
- Chill the Tarts in the fridge until set, then serve with a glass of Gristol Cider.
One might ask why no ‘Jellied Eels’ – would you like to eat Jellied Eels? Didn’t think so.
These Apricot Tartlets are light and decadent. The custard is fabulous with the sweet apricot topping, and a dollop of freshly whipped cream would be a perfect accompaniment. So now you too can enjoy one without visiting your local brothel, or taking part in childish guessing games at a party. You’re welcome.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Skyrim: Hearthfire - Snowberry Crostata.
- brandontod97 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- brandontod97 likes this
- supertart likes this
- helloitismebobo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- helloitismebobo likes this
- ask-catrin likes this
- myrayraylove reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- halcyon-fey likes this
- cryptcuddler likes this
- thatgirlwhodraws reblogged this from vain-flower
- vain-flower reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core likes this
- happyshaddow94 likes this
- peonymoonflower likes this
- merveilleuxfood likes this
- adorkablepineapple likes this
- terminallygallowed likes this
- shukijenkins likes this
- pier-renault likes this
- iamdoctorsatan likes this
- yourevilangel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- yourevilangel likes this
- spunge-cakes likes this
- createthefuckingchaos likes this
- galaxy-rider reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- littleawkwardbunny likes this
- itsraindropper likes this
- star-cruiser likes this
- tyla-dae likes this
- ttotheaffy likes this
- 171gifer likes this
- welcometomyvoid reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- welcometomyvoid likes this
- dagger-kitsune likes this
- thejackknife reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thejackknife likes this
- flutey13 likes this
- sn0w-c0nes likes this
- serviceautobucuresti likes this
- amazonelilly13a likes this
- lady-turiansexual reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lady-turiansexual likes this
- suddenlywaffle likes this
- dfablocus likes this
- justheretothink reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- captmorganza likes this
- grassangel likes this
- manrei likes this
- catmiint likes this