Dishonored – Apricot Tartlet
A couple of weeks ago (which possibly explains why I missed a few posts - oops), after much of my own misplaced scepticism I will admit, I began playing Dishonored… and I love it! Apricot Tartlets have currently been few and far between during my adventures, and appear to be a treat of the privileged and wealthy; far away from the plague and endless cans of Hagfish rations. Here is a recipe to make an Apricot Tartlet any Lady Boyle would appreciate.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 4 Apricot Tartlets.
What you will need: 4 small tart tins, a rolling pin, baking beans, a baking tray and a small saucepan.
4 Dried Apricots (Finely Chopped)
350g / 12 oz Shortcrust Pastry - Recipe
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
25g / ⅛ Cup Caster/Superfine Sugar
½ Vanilla Pod
100ml / ½ Cup Double/Heavy Cream
4 Tablespoons Ground Almonds
4 Tablespoons Apricot Jam/Jelly
16 Fresh Apricot Halves
Apricot Brandy (Optional)
Preparing the Apricot Tartlet:
- Take the finely chopped dried apricots and put them in a bowl. Pour over with apricot brandy and leave the stand. If you don’t want to use the brandy, leave this step out.
- Roll out the pastry to about 1-2cm thick, then line the tart tins. Place them in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Once chilled, take the tart cases from the freezer, fill them with the baking beans and place on a baking tray. Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, until the pastry is very lightly golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, then remove the baking beans. Leave the casings to cool while you prepare the filling. Turn to oven down to 180/355F.
- In a bowl gently mix together the egg, sugar and vanilla. Add the cream and stir. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of ground almonds to cover the base of each tart.
- Strain the infused dried apricots, and add a few pieces to each tart. Pour over the custard filling, leaving a small gap at the top. Bake them in the oven for 10-13 minutes until the filling is just set. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Garnishing the Apricot Tartlet:
- In a small saucepan, add the apricot jam/jelly, an optional teaspoon of apricot brandy, and the fresh halved apricots.
- Warm the jam/jelly though until it is loose and the apricots are softened, then remove from the heat. Once the jam/jelly begins to cool and set once again, carefully spoon a thin layer onto the tarts, then top with a few of the glazed apricots.
- Chill the Tarts in the fridge until set, then serve with a glass of Gristol Cider.
One might ask why no ‘Jellied Eels’ – would you like to eat Jellied Eels? Didn’t think so.
These Apricot Tartlets are light and decadent. The custard is fabulous with the sweet apricot topping, and a dollop of freshly whipped cream would be a perfect accompaniment. So now you too can enjoy one without visiting your local brothel, or taking part in childish guessing games at a party. You’re welcome.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Skyrim: Hearthfire - Snowberry Crostata.
- spaceelf likes this
- micahel-mcdoesntexist reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- micahel-mcdoesntexist likes this
- twelve-percent-moment likes this
- okabees reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- okabees likes this
- retro-silver reblogged this from bunniebard
- retro-silver likes this
- bunniebard reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- binnonic likes this
- cakesnomnom likes this
- awildrochuappeared likes this
- gwinny3k reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- gwinny3k likes this
- mcmarinha likes this
- little-para-liar reblogged this from clouds-of-powder
- clouds-of-powder reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- booyoupoo likes this
- kittybatdecor reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kittybatdecor likes this
- slopez63 likes this
- gaon010329 likes this
- changshu reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- justhyper reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- peacockbox likes this
- jay-in-wonderland likes this
- heavy-music reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thesunnysideofdarkness likes this
- nics9602 likes this
- titanictushy likes this
- transserenityrevolution likes this
- crankywhenprovoked likes this
- kittyofkhaos likes this
- thepathofwind likes this
- smash-into-me likes this
- jaybearisyours likes this
- refsforbaybay reblogged this from baybay--shushi
- adorabledeathray reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- the-fabulous-hunter reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- crackflower likes this
- randomonion likes this
- choitoygoysoy likes this
- stefan-buttkowsky likes this
- the-salesman reblogged this from mijumaruuuu
- personal-insane-asylum likes this
- personal-insane-asylum reblogged this from mijumaruuuu
- mijumaruuuu reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- eren-jaeger-bombs likes this
- bac0nkisses likes this