Dishonored – Apricot Tartlet
A couple of weeks ago (which possibly explains why I missed a few posts - oops), after much of my own misplaced scepticism I will admit, I began playing Dishonored… and I love it! Apricot Tartlets have currently been few and far between during my adventures, and appear to be a treat of the privileged and wealthy; far away from the plague and endless cans of Hagfish rations. Here is a recipe to make an Apricot Tartlet any Lady Boyle would appreciate.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 4 Apricot Tartlets.
What you will need: 4 small tart tins, a rolling pin, baking beans, a baking tray and a small saucepan.
4 Dried Apricots (Finely Chopped)
350g / 12 oz Shortcrust Pastry - Recipe
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
25g / ⅛ Cup Caster/Superfine Sugar
½ Vanilla Pod
100ml / ½ Cup Double/Heavy Cream
4 Tablespoons Ground Almonds
4 Tablespoons Apricot Jam/Jelly
16 Fresh Apricot Halves
Apricot Brandy (Optional)
Preparing the Apricot Tartlet:
- Take the finely chopped dried apricots and put them in a bowl. Pour over with apricot brandy and leave the stand. If you don’t want to use the brandy, leave this step out.
- Roll out the pastry to about 1-2cm thick, then line the tart tins. Place them in the freezer to chill for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Once chilled, take the tart cases from the freezer, fill them with the baking beans and place on a baking tray. Bake the tarts for 10 minutes, until the pastry is very lightly golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven, then remove the baking beans. Leave the casings to cool while you prepare the filling. Turn to oven down to 180/355F.
- In a bowl gently mix together the egg, sugar and vanilla. Add the cream and stir. Sprinkle about a tablespoon of ground almonds to cover the base of each tart.
- Strain the infused dried apricots, and add a few pieces to each tart. Pour over the custard filling, leaving a small gap at the top. Bake them in the oven for 10-13 minutes until the filling is just set. Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Garnishing the Apricot Tartlet:
- In a small saucepan, add the apricot jam/jelly, an optional teaspoon of apricot brandy, and the fresh halved apricots.
- Warm the jam/jelly though until it is loose and the apricots are softened, then remove from the heat. Once the jam/jelly begins to cool and set once again, carefully spoon a thin layer onto the tarts, then top with a few of the glazed apricots.
- Chill the Tarts in the fridge until set, then serve with a glass of Gristol Cider.
One might ask why no ‘Jellied Eels’ – would you like to eat Jellied Eels? Didn’t think so.
These Apricot Tartlets are light and decadent. The custard is fabulous with the sweet apricot topping, and a dollop of freshly whipped cream would be a perfect accompaniment. So now you too can enjoy one without visiting your local brothel, or taking part in childish guessing games at a party. You’re welcome.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Skyrim: Hearthfire - Snowberry Crostata.
- pumpkinpatchpy likes this
- superxsapphire likes this
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 likes this
- eagrambannett13 likes this
- nyrodineezayo likes this
- flash716 reblogged this from spookycohen
- flash716 likes this
- billie--lurk reblogged this from spookycohen
- yggiazealia likes this
- arcadegaynerd likes this
- spookycohen reblogged this from daughter-of-tyvia
- spookycohen likes this
- daughter-of-tyvia reblogged this from tea-me-and-smut
- daughter-of-tyvia likes this
- hahze reblogged this from tea-me-and-smut
- hahze likes this
- antleryorick likes this
- wiststar likes this
- saint-ripu likes this
- miskatonicwhaler reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- miskatonicwhaler likes this
- tea-me-and-smut reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- tea-me-and-smut likes this
- the-dream-bubble-conspiracy likes this
- sp00kyredhead likes this
- koleidoscope-eyes reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- koleidoscope-eyes likes this
- slrthechosen reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- popofromsoho reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- cometoruin reblogged this from spooky-pendletwin
- spooky-pendletwin likes this
- spooky-pendletwin reblogged this from brandontod97
- brandontod97 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- brandontod97 likes this
- supertart likes this
- helloitismebobo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- helloitismebobo likes this
- ask-catrin likes this
- myrayraylove reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- halcyon-fey likes this
- cryptcuddler likes this
- thatgirlwhodraws reblogged this from vain-flower
- vain-flower reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- r-to-the-core likes this
- happyshaddow94 likes this
- peonymoonflower likes this
- merveilleuxfood likes this
- adorkablepineapple likes this