Request: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Snackoos
Quiet, please… It’s snack time! Snackoos are the favourite treat of one prodigious forensic detective Ema Sky. What better way to ignore people you don’t want to talk to than appear to eat, well… er… something that looks a little like poop. (There have been far too many poop related posts lately! I apologise!) Snackoos are actually based on the traditional Japanese treat of Karinto (Karintou) which is a sweet deep-fried yeast based snack often drenched in a sugar syrup. Since “Snackoo” is a European and American localisation, I thought I should localise the recipe myself, as it seems Karinto recipes are few and far between! I hope none of you object… I’ve based mine on the traditional, but added an American twist and even coated them in chocolate, just like Ema loves.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 20 Snackoos.
What you will need: A deep pan, paper towels, a mixing bowl, greaseproof paper/baking parchment and a sieve.
110g / 1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon High Quality Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Brown Soft Sugar
40ml / ⅛ Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Oil
Oil (For Frying)
100g Milk Chocolate
Making the Snackoos:
- In a mixing bowl, sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar. Next add the milk, egg and oil and mix well. Allow the dough to stand for about 20 minutes in a cool place.
- Meanwhile in a deep pot, heat some oil on a medium-high heat. Have paper towels prepared and something to scoop the Snackoos out with. You can tell when the oil is ready by dropping in a test piece of dough.
- After 20 minutes, with well floured hands, roll out the Snackoos. The dough will be quite sticky, but this is normal! Keep the Snackoos quite long and thin, as they double in size when you cook them.
- When you have all your Snackoos prepared, and the oil is warm enough, drop the Snackoos in one piece at a time. Fry them for no more than about 60 seconds. They should sizzle and expand instantly in the oil and be golden after about a minute. Rotate them to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the Snackoos from the oil and drain them on paper towels until cool. Once they’re room temperature and dry they’re ready for their chocolate coating.
- In a large bowl over a small pot of boiling water, melt the chocolate. Dip the Snackoos in one and a time, covering them evenly in the chocolate. Gently shake off any excess, then place on greaseproof paper or a wire rack to solidify before eating.
Snackoos are very unusual. The taste is somewhat sweet, savoury and salted; with a contrast between the soft, fried cookie-cake and chocolate. Despite the flavour combination, I found them to be quite addictive and enjoyed many a Snackoo with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate! I used a dark chocolate (since I’m allergic to milk chocolate) and the bitterness was wonderful. A white chocolate would also make a super sweet casing, so use whichever type of chocolate you prefer! A delicious little morsel I certainly wouldn’t waste throwing at anybody.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Dark Souls - Dung Pie.
- askiku likes this
- osharina likes this
- cashtier likes this
- nokotan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nokotan likes this
- tangelomadness likes this
- manlypandas likes this
- codepat97 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kindnessinacan reblogged this from foolish-fools
- over-the-hills-and-very-far-away reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- onehungrymoose likes this
- stormsking likes this
- buddyhardinholly reblogged this from alltheworldneedsiskris
- buddyhardinholly likes this
- alltheworldneedsiskris reblogged this from sassymamak
- alltheworldneedsiskris likes this
- sassymamak reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- nxrds reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- olxmpics likes this
- raupenimmerasatt reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- marshmallowservant likes this
- azulite reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- gijinkaglaceon likes this
- object-miles-edgeworth reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jeekyll likes this
- chronicle2nd reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- spiralspectrum reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chemical-blue likes this
- inconspicuouslynotthedoctor likes this
- thatoneasian115 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fruitnloops likes this
- 3point142 likes this
- songs-of-the-butterflies likes this
- sweetyamanechan likes this
- heroesofcrash likes this
- updatedautopsy reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- updatedautopsy likes this
- mademoiselletatou reblogged this from claraliteraria
- bigboss343 likes this
- claraliteraria reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pancakesaur likes this
- kukiebun likes this
- catsummoner likes this
- kittysbeingadildo likes this
- radiantskulls reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thelastkaos likes this
- radiantskulls likes this
- darkohexar likes this