Request: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Snackoos
Quiet, please… It’s snack time! Snackoos are the favourite treat of one prodigious forensic detective Ema Sky. What better way to ignore people you don’t want to talk to than appear to eat, well… er… something that looks a little like poop. (There have been far too many poop related posts lately! I apologise!) Snackoos are actually based on the traditional Japanese treat of Karinto (Karintou) which is a sweet deep-fried yeast based snack often drenched in a sugar syrup. Since “Snackoo” is a European and American localisation, I thought I should localise the recipe myself, as it seems Karinto recipes are few and far between! I hope none of you object… I’ve based mine on the traditional, but added an American twist and even coated them in chocolate, just like Ema loves.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 20 Snackoos.
What you will need: A deep pan, paper towels, a mixing bowl, greaseproof paper/baking parchment and a sieve.
110g / 1 Cup Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon High Quality Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Brown Soft Sugar
40ml / ⅛ Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Oil
Oil (For Frying)
100g Milk Chocolate
Making the Snackoos:
- In a mixing bowl, sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar. Next add the milk, egg and oil and mix well. Allow the dough to stand for about 20 minutes in a cool place.
- Meanwhile in a deep pot, heat some oil on a medium-high heat. Have paper towels prepared and something to scoop the Snackoos out with. You can tell when the oil is ready by dropping in a test piece of dough.
- After 20 minutes, with well floured hands, roll out the Snackoos. The dough will be quite sticky, but this is normal! Keep the Snackoos quite long and thin, as they double in size when you cook them.
- When you have all your Snackoos prepared, and the oil is warm enough, drop the Snackoos in one piece at a time. Fry them for no more than about 60 seconds. They should sizzle and expand instantly in the oil and be golden after about a minute. Rotate them to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the Snackoos from the oil and drain them on paper towels until cool. Once they’re room temperature and dry they’re ready for their chocolate coating.
- In a large bowl over a small pot of boiling water, melt the chocolate. Dip the Snackoos in one and a time, covering them evenly in the chocolate. Gently shake off any excess, then place on greaseproof paper or a wire rack to solidify before eating.
Snackoos are very unusual. The taste is somewhat sweet, savoury and salted; with a contrast between the soft, fried cookie-cake and chocolate. Despite the flavour combination, I found them to be quite addictive and enjoyed many a Snackoo with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate! I used a dark chocolate (since I’m allergic to milk chocolate) and the bitterness was wonderful. A white chocolate would also make a super sweet casing, so use whichever type of chocolate you prefer! A delicious little morsel I certainly wouldn’t waste throwing at anybody.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Dark Souls - Dung Pie.
- franny-von-karma likes this
- wrapmeupinplastic likes this
- saigamagoni93 likes this
- burrito-burrito likes this
- flowermagician reblogged this from nationsofthebarricade
- nationsofthebarricade reblogged this from turnabout-art
- nationsofthebarricade likes this
- achro reblogged this from wishroom215
- byr-0n reblogged this from hsquared95 and added:
- hsquared95 reblogged this from pwspam
- hsquared95 likes this
- chaosonbullshitmountain reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- godsaveourpreciousapollo reblogged this from apollojustbrice
- officialsamusaran likes this
- obernatos reblogged this from apollojustbrice
- bayconbit likes this
- iamtheultimateshoelace likes this
- justmyupliftingthings reblogged this from lucifersblog
- erik-can-you-not likes this
- dersitebeans reblogged this from lucifersblog
- slenderlenderman reblogged this from dancedanceexecution
- heartumbles reblogged this from apollojustbrice
- koigirl6709 likes this
- dancedanceexecution likes this
- dancedanceexecution reblogged this from oldsaintnick-wright
- phazonfarmer likes this
- hotcocoacannibals likes this
- salutamigos reblogged this from lucifersblog
- mikutonaegi reblogged this from apollojustbrice
- mikutonaegi likes this
- arllelt reblogged this from thewrightanythingagency
- ameliapond124 likes this
- thewrightanythingagency reblogged this from apollojustbrice
- jinxietenma likes this
- apollojustbrice reblogged this from puyopuyofever
- animecrystalrose likes this
- lucifersblog reblogged this from puyopuyofever
- puyopuyofever reblogged this from oldsaintnick-wright
- merrydl6mas likes this
- oldsaintnick-wright reblogged this from gwoah
- kimurisohma likes this
- shytenda likes this
- tinselisgoodforyou likes this
- lopuii reblogged this from turnabout-art
- luuketritonn likes this
- seriousprotagonist reblogged this from midorikitty
- seriousprotagonist likes this
- midorikitty reblogged this from hintcoin-raincheck
- askklapollo likes this
- jackerblitz likes this