Request: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – Grandma’s Elixir Soup
Believe it or not, I didn’t have many friends growing up. When I got to High School I was lucky enough to have one friend who also played games, who interestingly enough looked an awful lot like Link… He invited me over to his house with the intention of playing the Resident Evil GameCube remake, but instead we played the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. All day. And wished we could consume this soup.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 6.
What you will need: A baking tray, a large pot and a blender.
3 Large Parsnips
4 Large Carrots
2 Medium White Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Crushed Dried Chilli (Optional)
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Salt & Pepper
900ml / 4 Cups Cuckoo, Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Making the Elixir Soup:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F and prepare a baking tray. Chop up the parsnips, carrots and onions into roughly even-sized chunks. Finely chop one of the garlic gloves, and mix it in with the vegetables on the baking tray.
- Cover the vegetables with a thin layer of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the chilli and ginger. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft and golden.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside. In a large pot, heat a teaspoon of olive oil, finely chop the second clove of garlic then add it to the warm oil. Have your chicken or vegetable stock ready!
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pot and turn the heat to low. Add half the stock to the pot, then blend. Gradually add the rest of the stock to thin the soup as you blend it; you may need a little more or less to get the right consistency.
- Taste, and season again with salt and pepper if required. Serve the soup, then add a swirl of cream and some freshly chopped chives to garnish.
Whenever I eat something fresh and home made, I always feel super invigorated and powerful, and this soup did for me exactly what it does for Link! You’d think it’s a bit early in the calendar for such a hearty, warming soup, but today in Scotland I think Winter II arrived so it was more than appropriate. I enjoyed my Elixir Soup with some delicious rye bread, which will now be my comfort when in times of need during adventures to help a princess.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Yeto’s Soup.
- rupeethon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sludge-dog likes this
- samantha-marie likes this
- geekgirlbrunch reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- demiurgicfeline likes this
- figgityfuckfuckfuck likes this
- giroroh likes this
- lamiroirr reblogged this from fictionkin-cuisine
- jerseymatrix likes this
- shakespearescurrentlover likes this
- bpdfukawa likes this
- consultingdoctorsassbutt likes this
- broswagonator likes this
- askdeseev likes this
- lunar-liz reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lunar-liz likes this
- thrill-ofthechase reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- reidermang reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- snonners likes this
- constantbearhugs likes this
- littlesky770 likes this
- sosousuke reblogged this from lalondesplease
- sosousuke likes this
- parkwayavenue likes this
- mitunasfish likes this
- lalondesplease likes this
- lalondesplease reblogged this from peonymoonflower
- peonymoonflower reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- peonymoonflower likes this
- theotakuactress reblogged this from princesspinklemonade
- dragothewanderer likes this
- hyreztrom reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- merveilleuxfood likes this
- siidere likes this
- sunnyoranges likes this
- sigma-enigma likes this
- quaintcutwork likes this
- viridiancaffie likes this
- tchaikovsky-and-solitude likes this
- pyroparade likes this
- chaladony likes this
- phatdragon reblogged this from cute-brat
- phatdragon likes this
- cute-brat reblogged this from fuckyeahthewindwaker
- peachkind likes this
- terminallygallowed reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- terminallygallowed likes this
- kingofdasquirrels reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- squinting-tarantino reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- beneduck-cucumberpatch likes this