Request: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – Grandma’s Elixir Soup
Believe it or not, I didn’t have many friends growing up. When I got to High School I was lucky enough to have one friend who also played games, who interestingly enough looked an awful lot like Link… He invited me over to his house with the intention of playing the Resident Evil GameCube remake, but instead we played the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. All day. And wished we could consume this soup.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 6.
What you will need: A baking tray, a large pot and a blender.
3 Large Parsnips
4 Large Carrots
2 Medium White Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Crushed Dried Chilli (Optional)
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Salt & Pepper
900ml / 4 Cups Cuckoo, Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Making the Elixir Soup:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F and prepare a baking tray. Chop up the parsnips, carrots and onions into roughly even-sized chunks. Finely chop one of the garlic gloves, and mix it in with the vegetables on the baking tray.
- Cover the vegetables with a thin layer of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the chilli and ginger. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft and golden.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside. In a large pot, heat a teaspoon of olive oil, finely chop the second clove of garlic then add it to the warm oil. Have your chicken or vegetable stock ready!
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pot and turn the heat to low. Add half the stock to the pot, then blend. Gradually add the rest of the stock to thin the soup as you blend it; you may need a little more or less to get the right consistency.
- Taste, and season again with salt and pepper if required. Serve the soup, then add a swirl of cream and some freshly chopped chives to garnish.
Whenever I eat something fresh and home made, I always feel super invigorated and powerful, and this soup did for me exactly what it does for Link! You’d think it’s a bit early in the calendar for such a hearty, warming soup, but today in Scotland I think Winter II arrived so it was more than appropriate. I enjoyed my Elixir Soup with some delicious rye bread, which will now be my comfort when in times of need during adventures to help a princess.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Yeto’s Soup.
- chibinekocat likes this
- truthcalledyouout likes this
- thecrazycuban likes this
- brb-makingmischief likes this
- brb-makingmischief reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- purpleprank likes this
- moeoftoe reblogged this from nononowi
- bearknightandhisquest likes this
- plantshy likes this
- jellyfisher2 likes this
- sleepyvirus likes this
- okabees likes this
- observantvision likes this
- warpengines likes this
- arcreactor reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- goddamncatwoman likes this
- kristheshrew likes this
- bluenotesblues likes this
- b3n0nymous likes this
- six31 likes this
- doktorgirlfriend reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cistiel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lenardeismee likes this
- tuna-ler likes this
- sawwhetandscops likes this
- binnonic likes this
- askthavrin likes this
- chocobogirl likes this
- gotta-love-that-animus likes this
- doktorgirlfriend likes this
- thegooddoctorisin reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- honeybuttshime likes this
- stinkypuff likes this
- buenzilla reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- spicedbubblegum likes this
- mista-ando reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mista-ando likes this
- eveofhallows reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- angelayame likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- suddenlynixon likes this
- noiseymuse reblogged this from bambicandi
- lesbiansandthelivingdead likes this
- bilbosbackend likes this
- poesister likes this
- tomoisjpn likes this
- chellpresidente reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- reclypse likes this
- cellartater reblogged this from gourmetgaming