Request: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker – Grandma’s Elixir Soup
Believe it or not, I didn’t have many friends growing up. When I got to High School I was lucky enough to have one friend who also played games, who interestingly enough looked an awful lot like Link… He invited me over to his house with the intention of playing the Resident Evil GameCube remake, but instead we played the Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. All day. And wished we could consume this soup.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 6.
What you will need: A baking tray, a large pot and a blender.
3 Large Parsnips
4 Large Carrots
2 Medium White Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Teaspoon Crushed Dried Chilli (Optional)
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
Salt & Pepper
900ml / 4 Cups Cuckoo, Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Making the Elixir Soup:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F and prepare a baking tray. Chop up the parsnips, carrots and onions into roughly even-sized chunks. Finely chop one of the garlic gloves, and mix it in with the vegetables on the baking tray.
- Cover the vegetables with a thin layer of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the chilli and ginger. Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30-40 minutes until soft and golden.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside. In a large pot, heat a teaspoon of olive oil, finely chop the second clove of garlic then add it to the warm oil. Have your chicken or vegetable stock ready!
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pot and turn the heat to low. Add half the stock to the pot, then blend. Gradually add the rest of the stock to thin the soup as you blend it; you may need a little more or less to get the right consistency.
- Taste, and season again with salt and pepper if required. Serve the soup, then add a swirl of cream and some freshly chopped chives to garnish.
Whenever I eat something fresh and home made, I always feel super invigorated and powerful, and this soup did for me exactly what it does for Link! You’d think it’s a bit early in the calendar for such a hearty, warming soup, but today in Scotland I think Winter II arrived so it was more than appropriate. I enjoyed my Elixir Soup with some delicious rye bread, which will now be my comfort when in times of need during adventures to help a princess.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Yeto’s Soup.
- ponkoporo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- snookerdiddle likes this
- speckledfinch reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- speckledfinch likes this
- wayward-dragon likes this
- robynmel likes this
- pastafazul reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pastafazul likes this
- my-life-was-interrupted reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- my-life-was-interrupted likes this
- kirkkirby11 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kirkkirby11 likes this
- polomo567 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- polomo567 likes this
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thegirlmadeofstardust19 likes this
- projectzephyrus likes this
- nekupower likes this
- ghirahims-peacock likes this
- seaweed--brained likes this
- koalabear03 likes this
- nyrodineezayo likes this
- radicata reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- radicata likes this
- whyisthetextredpleasestop reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cookingwaifu reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- battyshogun likes this
- taikova likes this
- luvisias likes this
- alimarie747 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- keatontails likes this
- slender-sickness likes this
- chibitamichan likes this
- thewiltediris likes this
- shensurei likes this
- asksonamy likes this
- neon-boobs likes this
- superskullboy likes this
- phytomixeur reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- slowpokerface reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sir-cosmos likes this
- sorrowandpride likes this
- justwestofweird reblogged this from myinternetlyfe
- ellinforest likes this
- farores-silentrealm likes this
- rupeethon reblogged this from gourmetgaming