The Walking Dead: Episode 2 – St. John’s Dairy Farm Biscuits
Having managed to survive, the party agree to take solace at the St. John’s Dairy Farm. The promise of food, wide open spaces, and of course good defences, are too tempting to turn down.
On arrival we’re greeted by Brenda St. John, and a basket of freshly baked goods which appear to be some classic, home-made, Southern biscuits. You need fresh milk and butter to make those; a rare thing these days.
The St. John’s are lucky to also have some fresh herbs growing here, which can be blended with a little butter and served over the warm biscuits.
Let’s just hope things don’t turn out to be too good to be true…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
his recipe makes 6 biscuits.
What you will need: A sieve, a large bowl, a baking tray, a rolling pin, round cutters, and some greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
250g / 2 Cups Plain Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Chilled)
170ml / ¾ Cup Buttermilk (Chilled)
Making St. John’s Dairy Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the chilled butter, and using your fingers, rub the butter in until it’s well distributed. The mixture should look a little lumpy.
- Add the buttermilk and stir gently until a loose dough comes together. On a lightly floured surface, and with floured hands, turn the dough out and shape it into a rough ball. Gently roll the dough out to about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut out some circles of dough and place them on the prepared baking tray. Continue cutting out circles until all the dough is used, then put the biscuits in the oven. Bake them for 5-8 minutes. Once they’re lightly brown on top they’re read to come out.
Best served warm, with butter and jams/jellys or keep it savoury with some herb butter or cheese.
These biscuits are hearty and welcome in times of hunger or desperation; a taste of home and a piece of comfort - perfect for any zombie apocalypse. The Walking Dead: Episode 2 more than surpassed the first episode for me. The interactions between characters and decisions to be made were ten times worse - it made the first episode look like a training area. It was completely brutal in all the right ways, with perfectly reasoned violence and actions… I’m eagerly awaiting episode 3.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Deadly Premonition – Thomas’ Biscuit.
- ask-thepyraliskids likes this
- commba likes this
- humblbumblesoul likes this
- thegeekgotthegirl likes this
- itsy-britzy likes this
- hibikihojo likes this
- thegreatdelta reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- funpepper5 likes this
- the-true-pokemon-master reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- reptar21 likes this
- passionprince2012 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- keithstipes135 likes this
- officialshosannadreyfus likes this
- recipesinmovies reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- happisammi likes this
- buttsandbros likes this
- green-chan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- green-chan likes this
- howlingvoid likes this
- jennaroses likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- doctorwhoovesfan likes this
- lumanie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nonveganzombie likes this
- the-winged-anastasia likes this
- natoxicak likes this
- smittyrayray likes this
- ivorykitten likes this
- loniebird13 likes this
- rezept-laderl reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- elgie-food-likes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cosmospaw likes this
- noncutiebooty reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- noncutiebooty likes this
- chaosonbullshitmountain reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- darkladyfrog likes this
- atlasboyo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- dragonsbones reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- la-parapluie-rouge reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- v-lagopus likes this
- g-isabellae reblogged this from culinarygriffin
- lovelytramp32 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kittenvanpurren likes this
- anactualrayquaza reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anactualrayquaza likes this
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mangagirl1216 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bananacreampie7 likes this
- g-isabellae likes this