The Walking Dead: Episode 2 – St. John’s Dairy Farm Biscuits
Having managed to survive, the party agree to take solace at the St. John’s Dairy Farm. The promise of food, wide open spaces, and of course good defences, are too tempting to turn down.
On arrival we’re greeted by Brenda St. John, and a basket of freshly baked goods which appear to be some classic, home-made, Southern biscuits. You need fresh milk and butter to make those; a rare thing these days.
The St. John’s are lucky to also have some fresh herbs growing here, which can be blended with a little butter and served over the warm biscuits.
Let’s just hope things don’t turn out to be too good to be true…
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
his recipe makes 6 biscuits.
What you will need: A sieve, a large bowl, a baking tray, a rolling pin, round cutters, and some greaseproof paper/baking parchment.
250g / 2 Cups Plain Flour
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
½ Teaspoon Salt
8 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Chilled)
170ml / ¾ Cup Buttermilk (Chilled)
Making St. John’s Dairy Biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 230C/450F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the chilled butter, and using your fingers, rub the butter in until it’s well distributed. The mixture should look a little lumpy.
- Add the buttermilk and stir gently until a loose dough comes together. On a lightly floured surface, and with floured hands, turn the dough out and shape it into a rough ball. Gently roll the dough out to about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut out some circles of dough and place them on the prepared baking tray. Continue cutting out circles until all the dough is used, then put the biscuits in the oven. Bake them for 5-8 minutes. Once they’re lightly brown on top they’re read to come out.
Best served warm, with butter and jams/jellys or keep it savoury with some herb butter or cheese.
These biscuits are hearty and welcome in times of hunger or desperation; a taste of home and a piece of comfort - perfect for any zombie apocalypse. The Walking Dead: Episode 2 more than surpassed the first episode for me. The interactions between characters and decisions to be made were ten times worse - it made the first episode look like a training area. It was completely brutal in all the right ways, with perfectly reasoned violence and actions… I’m eagerly awaiting episode 3.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Deadly Premonition – Thomas’ Biscuit.
- consultingdoctorsassbutt likes this
- happyshaddow94 likes this
- homesuck-8-mlp-8- reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- homesuck-8-mlp-8- likes this
- reidermang reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- snonners likes this
- peonymoonflower likes this
- sunnyoranges likes this
- lifeisfoodandlove likes this
- the-queer-tortoise reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- newyearsmacaroni-and-h4x likes this
- repalec likes this
- f0x0n4c1d likes this
- mojitomehshh likes this
- cleo-cleo-cleo likes this
- scrandina likes this
- different-but-still-beautiful likes this
- wibblywobblyaudreywaudrey reblogged this from heart-shapedballoon
- chibinouta reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chibinouta likes this
- zelda-hylian-sheikah reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ihacked4chan likes this
- yetigoat reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- finerthingscentral likes this
- maragallen likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- itsraindropper likes this
- thedemonballerina likes this
- dagger-kitsune likes this
- thejackknife reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thejackknife likes this
- kotarawr likes this
- kotarawr reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- goodfoodz26 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- badkitty112 likes this
- magyks reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- joej3067 likes this
- grizzmofokkr likes this
- robotokid reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- darky-senpai reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- amaya-ruki likes this
- allehful likes this
- alieismyname likes this
- zachtheimpailer reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thebumblebutt likes this
- coca-kolya reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- catmiint likes this
- food-trees-and-little-children likes this
- quagsireunaware likes this