The Walking Dead: Episode 1 – Energy Bar
Protecting Clementine has become my top priority. I feel responsible for her, but I feel like maybe I need her more than she needs me; her spirit keeps me motivated. We’ve taken shelter with a group of people in a pharmacy, and I’ve managed to gather a couple of energy bars I found lying around. Packed with oats, fruits and nuts they’re filled with the essentials to keep us all alive during this chaos, but who do I give them to? Whoever needs them the most? Whoever has been nice to me? I could even use them as a bargaining tool or with hold them as punishment… I’m not even sure I deserve one.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 6-8 Energy Bars.
What you will need: A square tray, some greaseproof/baking paper, a small saucepan and a large bowl.
125g / ⅔ Cup Butter
40g / ¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
5 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
250g / 2 Cups Oats
50g / ⅓ Cup Pecans (Chopped)
50g / ⅓ Cup Dried Cherries (Chopped)
25g / ⅛ Cup Salted Peanuts (Chopped)
Melted Dark (70%+) Chocolate
Making the Energy Bar:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease and line a deep, square baking tray. Add the oats, chopped nuts and fruit to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and maple syrup together. Simmer it gently for about 2 minutes then pour the melted mixture over the oats and mix well. Once combined, transfer the mixture to the prepared tray.
- Smooth out the mixture until even, and pat it down until firm. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Once cooked, allow to cool before removing from the pan and cutting into bars. Garnish the energy bars with a drizze of some good quality melted chocolate. Consume before facing any zombie hoard.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a big fan of the Walking Dead TV show, and not really a fan of the comics – so I was naturally apprehensive about playing the game. But it really is a bit of a masterpiece and my latest obsession. I also love all the ingredients in these bars, so I thought maybe Clementine would too, but even if she didn’t the chocolate would sweeten the experience.
Like this? You might also enjoy the EarthBound – Peanut Cheese Bar.
- morinothomas likes this
- morinothomas reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- srriot likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- chrsadms likes this
- lazura likes this
- neurosquared likes this
- cuddlyxmedics reblogged this from daemon-the-red-demon
- homesweethomewreckage likes this
- ravynsreferences reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- muffinseta63 likes this
- glameoow likes this
- annapandax3 likes this
- theroughsketch likes this
- reveninsanity likes this
- daughterofwinterhell reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- arbo-gwinchey likes this
- blackfyr likes this
- kevinmotherfuckingwoo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kevinmotherfuckingwoo likes this
- gonetonowhere likes this
- et-un-raton-laveur likes this
- kothoga likes this
- procella likes this
- fandomruinsmylife reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- margarita-tea likes this
- keimochi likes this
- yellowisfuckingkawaii likes this
- foodstuffsandhowtos reblogged this from jakethebootypirate
- jakethebootypirate reblogged this from daemon-the-red-demon
- peachywonder reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- noisekiller likes this
- nikkistolich likes this
- bittersnaps likes this
- oseikeopi reblogged this from witchygirl009
- yanyandf likes this
- retardix likes this
- witchygirl009 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- deidara1099 likes this
- nangke reblogged this from anathenaeum
- starlight34 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- toujours-faim reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- daemon-the-red-demon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- daemon-the-red-demon likes this
- spaceelf likes this
- animericagurl-art reblogged this from animericagurl
- iamtheviciousdinosaur likes this
- yetigoat likes this