The Walking Dead: Episode 1 – Energy Bar
Protecting Clementine has become my top priority. I feel responsible for her, but I feel like maybe I need her more than she needs me; her spirit keeps me motivated. We’ve taken shelter with a group of people in a pharmacy, and I’ve managed to gather a couple of energy bars I found lying around. Packed with oats, fruits and nuts they’re filled with the essentials to keep us all alive during this chaos, but who do I give them to? Whoever needs them the most? Whoever has been nice to me? I could even use them as a bargaining tool or with hold them as punishment… I’m not even sure I deserve one.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 6-8 Energy Bars.
What you will need: A square tray, some greaseproof/baking paper, a small saucepan and a large bowl.
125g / ⅔ Cup Butter
40g / ¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
5 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
250g / 2 Cups Oats
50g / ⅓ Cup Pecans (Chopped)
50g / ⅓ Cup Dried Cherries (Chopped)
25g / ⅛ Cup Salted Peanuts (Chopped)
Melted Dark (70%+) Chocolate
Making the Energy Bar:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and grease and line a deep, square baking tray. Add the oats, chopped nuts and fruit to a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and maple syrup together. Simmer it gently for about 2 minutes then pour the melted mixture over the oats and mix well. Once combined, transfer the mixture to the prepared tray.
- Smooth out the mixture until even, and pat it down until firm. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Once cooked, allow to cool before removing from the pan and cutting into bars. Garnish the energy bars with a drizze of some good quality melted chocolate. Consume before facing any zombie hoard.
I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a big fan of the Walking Dead TV show, and not really a fan of the comics – so I was naturally apprehensive about playing the game. But it really is a bit of a masterpiece and my latest obsession. I also love all the ingredients in these bars, so I thought maybe Clementine would too, but even if she didn’t the chocolate would sweeten the experience.
Like this? You might also enjoy the EarthBound – Peanut Cheese Bar.
- nonveganzombie likes this
- rivaillemyheichou likes this
- tedmosebysuitup likes this
- zeeebs likes this
- dovahfag reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- weekendgothgirl likes this
- megrefs reblogged this from megthemaggot
- atlasboyo reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- so-manyupsanddowns reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lovelytramp32 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anactualrayquaza reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- anactualrayquaza likes this
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mangagirl1216 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bananacreampie7 likes this
- ichiigosan likes this
- zombiesbitchesandcoffee reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- zombiesbitchesandcoffee likes this
- saitemthewriter likes this
- nerdyrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- purpledazz reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nixiesknots likes this
- pink-flaming-o likes this
- cupcakestarlett likes this
- tgthomas12 likes this
- nabeela83 likes this
- gmusic13 likes this
- ferdenham likes this
- snickerd00dlez likes this
- gescya likes this
- crystaltw likes this
- aya239 likes this
- nba-a likes this
- starcrossedgemini likes this
- lailabooforever likes this
- supercomicgirl likes this
- caves0f-ice likes this
- apriltaurus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- walkingthroughthesands likes this
- stonedstone likes this
- umadokabro likes this
- spooky-plate likes this
- morinothomas likes this
- morinothomas reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- srriot likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- chrsadms likes this
- lazura likes this
- neurosquared likes this
- cuddlyxmedics reblogged this from daemon-the-red-demon