Request: Pokémon – Lava Cookies
Lavaridge Town’s speciality, and now a Gourmet Gaming speciality too! Originally, the Lava Cookie is referred to as a “rice cracker” which frankly doesn’t sound too exciting, so I turned to the awesome poké visual appeal of this trusty status heal for inspiration. Combining the idea of an Asian “rice cracker” and a “cookie”, I was pleasantly surprised by my rash decision to create the Lava Cookie as an “East meets West” fusion of strong, bitter chocolate chips and aromatic, salty nori in a sweet and chewy all-American cookie. Perfectly restoring and unusually delicious, for pokémon and trainer alike.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 12 Lava Cookies.
What you will need: A large mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a pair of scissors, a small bowl, and a baking tray.
For the Lava Cookies:
85g / ⅓ Cup Butter (Melted)
125g / ⅔ Cup Dark Brown Soft Sugar
50g / ¼ Cup White Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
½ Teaspoon High Quality Vanilla Extract
125-150g / ¾ - 1 Cup Plain Flour
¼ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
75g / ¾ Cup Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chunks)
1 Sheet of Nori (Cut into small pieces)
25g / ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chunks)
1 Sheet of Nori (Cut into strips)
Making the Lava Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F and have a baking tray ready.
- Cream the melted butter, soft brown sugar and granulated sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Sieve in the flour, baking/bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir gently with a wooden spoon, then add the chocolate chips and nori, and mix gently once again.
- The dough should come together, and still be very moist/sticky, but able to be handled. If too loose, add more flour a tablespoon at a time. Add more melted butter a teaspoon at a time if it’s too solid.
- Once at the right consistency, take a tablespoon of the dough, roll it in your hands into a ball, then place it on the prepared baking tray. Make sure the cookies have enough room to spread; I only baked 4 at a time.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before removing them from the tray, and setting aside to cool completely.
Garnishing the Lava Cookies:
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a clean bowl. Add a small blob of the warm chocolate near the bottom of each cookie, to act as a glue, then attach the strip of nori.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, and the nori is stuck, turn the cookies over and repeat the process. Tuck the remainder of the nori strip up around the back of the cookie, and neatly press it against the chocolate to help the nori stick.
- Once the chocolate has set, enjoy your Lava Cookies and feel your status refresh!
I really was impressed with how these cookies turned out! They’re ultra sweet, but the nori adds a fresh, sharp contrast. Feel free to try these with white or milk chocolate too. In the winter, or if in need of a little extra ‘fire’, a dash of ginger would be great for a warming touch. Certainly, the Lava Cookie recipe will act as my base from here on in when baking cookies, they’re so delicious, I’ve gotta nom ‘em all!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Pokémon – Poffins.
- tangelomadness likes this
- imadorkkthx reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- martinsniezek reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- martinsniezek likes this
- lifeinthedogpark likes this
- makoto-magica reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kaminoyami reblogged this from naschies
- olxmpics likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- theemeraldterror likes this
- sharksbooty likes this
- kowala99 reblogged this from aolady
- naschies reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- naschies likes this
- aolady reblogged this from kuriboss
- gijinkaglaceon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- princesarata likes this
- marchofheadlesschickens likes this
- fenikkusuai reblogged this from kuriboss
- janarchy666 likes this
- rainbowsatire reblogged this from aolady
- rainbowsatire likes this
- zuenna reblogged this from kuriboss
- vooleroo likes this
- luckyphoton reblogged this from aolady
- striderred likes this
- vxnitas likes this
- witch-of-black-rose likes this
- kuriboss reblogged this from fifty-shades-of-cilan
- knight-of-spacey likes this
- thedahuproductionsuniverse reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cinnamonriver likes this
- zerorolled likes this
- zerorolled reblogged this from yugiohurl
- emidokis likes this
- gyabii-chaan likes this
- mariktweetums reblogged this from yugiohurl
- yugiohurl reblogged this from cryonetics
- korkokiri likes this
- nvzfoodref reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mademoiselletatou reblogged this from kitteninthesky12
- mattheusthegreat likes this
- kitteninthesky12 reblogged this from ryaninthesky12
- ryaninthesky12 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- a-problematic-shade-of-blue reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- votg likes this
- a-problematic-shade-of-blue likes this
- thingonmyback reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- the-winged-anastasia likes this
- spooky-science likes this