Request: Pokémon – Lava Cookies
Lavaridge Town’s speciality, and now a Gourmet Gaming speciality too! Originally, the Lava Cookie is referred to as a “rice cracker” which frankly doesn’t sound too exciting, so I turned to the awesome poké visual appeal of this trusty status heal for inspiration. Combining the idea of an Asian “rice cracker” and a “cookie”, I was pleasantly surprised by my rash decision to create the Lava Cookie as an “East meets West” fusion of strong, bitter chocolate chips and aromatic, salty nori in a sweet and chewy all-American cookie. Perfectly restoring and unusually delicious, for pokémon and trainer alike.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 12 Lava Cookies.
What you will need: A large mixing bowl, a wooden spoon, a pair of scissors, a small bowl, and a baking tray.
For the Lava Cookies:
85g / ⅓ Cup Butter (Melted)
125g / ⅔ Cup Dark Brown Soft Sugar
50g / ¼ Cup White Granulated Sugar
1 Large Egg (Room Temperature)
½ Teaspoon High Quality Vanilla Extract
125-150g / ¾ - 1 Cup Plain Flour
¼ Teaspoon Baking/Bicarbonate Soda
¼ Teaspoon Salt
75g / ¾ Cup Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chunks)
1 Sheet of Nori (Cut into small pieces)
25g / ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate (Chips or Chunks)
1 Sheet of Nori (Cut into strips)
Making the Lava Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F and have a baking tray ready.
- Cream the melted butter, soft brown sugar and granulated sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Sieve in the flour, baking/bicarbonate of soda and salt. Stir gently with a wooden spoon, then add the chocolate chips and nori, and mix gently once again.
- The dough should come together, and still be very moist/sticky, but able to be handled. If too loose, add more flour a tablespoon at a time. Add more melted butter a teaspoon at a time if it’s too solid.
- Once at the right consistency, take a tablespoon of the dough, roll it in your hands into a ball, then place it on the prepared baking tray. Make sure the cookies have enough room to spread; I only baked 4 at a time.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes, then remove them from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before removing them from the tray, and setting aside to cool completely.
Garnishing the Lava Cookies:
- Once the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a clean bowl. Add a small blob of the warm chocolate near the bottom of each cookie, to act as a glue, then attach the strip of nori.
- Once the chocolate has cooled, and the nori is stuck, turn the cookies over and repeat the process. Tuck the remainder of the nori strip up around the back of the cookie, and neatly press it against the chocolate to help the nori stick.
- Once the chocolate has set, enjoy your Lava Cookies and feel your status refresh!
I really was impressed with how these cookies turned out! They’re ultra sweet, but the nori adds a fresh, sharp contrast. Feel free to try these with white or milk chocolate too. In the winter, or if in need of a little extra ‘fire’, a dash of ginger would be great for a warming touch. Certainly, the Lava Cookie recipe will act as my base from here on in when baking cookies, they’re so delicious, I’ve gotta nom ‘em all!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Pokémon – Poffins.
- the-blue-knight-grim reblogged this from onlyfoodporn
- the-blue-knight-grim likes this
- onlyfoodporn reblogged this from timesnewtrojan and added:
- food-squad reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- randomcrossing likes this
- invertthesnow likes this
- ashley-dh likes this
- sweetjanan likes this
- timesnewtrojan reblogged this from tingtongten
- timesnewtrojan likes this
- oculoslux likes this
- blusterbeelzemon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- blusterbeelzemon likes this
- seeminglyidle reblogged this from icanhasdragonborn
- bluehody reblogged this from magmaleadermaxie
- icanhasdragonborn reblogged this from magma-maxie
- lilithn likes this
- fuzz-buzz likes this
- infamousrel likes this
- fatheadnaegi reblogged this from magmaleadermaxie
- fatheadnaegi likes this
- dromayr reblogged this from misslahla
- dromayr likes this
- misslahla reblogged this from tingtongten
- misslahla likes this
- mushmallow62 reblogged this from sexy-salmon-loki
- tentacle-test reblogged this from tingtongten
- chibitamichan likes this
- xosugarbunneh likes this
- chetecachetz likes this
- sweetmilkykitty likes this
- ashley-ann22 likes this
- suiraitei likes this
- omgzeeklove reblogged this from tingtongten
- funporntimes likes this
- roaritssnorlax reblogged this from tingtongten
- dork-lord-maou-violetta likes this
- goldfish26 likes this
- cancerian-enigma likes this
- assassinbabymama reblogged this from magmaleadermaxie
- redxgreenftw likes this
- bunnygyaruu likes this
- destinyeclipsed reblogged this from magmaleadermaxie
- aoi-pantera44 likes this
- mischievousmuffin likes this
- vampirecatprince likes this
- lamarfll reblogged this from tingtongten
- lamarfll likes this
- walks-in-ink reblogged this from trickstarbrave
- walks-in-ink likes this