Request: The Sims - Goopy Carbonara
Despite my love of pasta/spaghetti, I’ve never made carbonara in my life. I’m mostly familiar with it coming in a powdered form in packets that you add milk to, with the result being more oddly acidic than creamy or delicious. I also understand that this is possibly the most bastardised recipe in Italian history, and in the effort of gaming authenticity I’ll be destroying carbonara once again by using cream and an onion, as is a mandatory inventory staple for any Sim.
Please make sure you have a smoke alarm installed before going any further, and don’t get distracted by a sudden urge to use the bathroom - the results could be disastrous! If a Sim can master this classic by Level 2, then so can anyone (or so you’d hope).
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-3.
What you will need: A large pot, a large frying pan/skillet, a colander and a grater.
250g / 9 oz Spaghetti/Bucatini
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion (Diced)
140g / 1 Cup Smoked Pancetta (Cubed)
25ml / .85 fl oz. White Wine (Optional)
2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
5 Tablespoons Percorino Cheese (Finely Grated)
40ml / 1.35 fl oz. Double/Heavy Cream
Fresh Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making the Goopy Carbonara:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, heat a the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry it quickly until it’s lightly crisped. If you’re adding the wine, do so now and cook until evaporated.
- By now your spaghetti should be done, strain it off but keep the water it cooked in to thin out the sauce later. Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion on a low heat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, cream, grated cheese and pepper together. Take the frying pan off the heat and add the cream mixture, some chopped parsley and toss until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Use the spaghetti water to thin out the sauce as desired, then ‘Call Household’ to the meal.
This Goopy Carbonara would be an incredible final meal for any Sim destined to enter a pool sometime later today, only to have the ladder mysteriously disappear… like I know so many of you are planning to do. For shame.
Like this? You might also enjoy The Sims - Key Lime Pie.
- randomminecrafterposts likes this
- femalepharaohra likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- neonbutterflys likes this
- hannahbeelol likes this
- saintbillie likes this
- spooky-woody-guthrie likes this
- daeladae reblogged this from fyeahfoodrecipes
- marleenmanger likes this
- royallyons79 likes this
- fukinurmami likes this
- fyeahfoodrecipes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- animelover289 likes this
- star-cruiser likes this
- masterphreak likes this
- fuchsiaglow likes this
- akatosh likes this
- cat101495 likes this
- donttellmeitfuckingexistsalready likes this
- ai-desu-shou likes this
- luckyspike likes this
- ionsays likes this
- queen-of-the-bees reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- queen-of-the-bees likes this
- peachkind likes this
- bnoffeepi likes this
- byekylie likes this
- zenosutcliff reblogged this from insaneghoul
- darling-im-just-a-painter likes this
- insaneghoul reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- magyks likes this
- mallow-wolf reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mallow-wolf likes this
- tpyon likes this
- lovinglarry4alongtime likes this
- satinhands reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rise--kujikawa likes this
- janinakins likes this
- recipes242 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- theslaughteredkelpie likes this
- erawks reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- yiff-me-up-inside likes this
- averyboneygirl reblogged this from fullmtl
- princess-consuelabanana-hammock reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- princess-consuelabanana-hammock likes this
- zombieqwop reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sillyyimsy likes this
- valcarrie likes this
- thethirddecade1121 likes this
- tacticalnymphomania reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added: