Request: The Sims - Goopy Carbonara
Despite my love of pasta/spaghetti, I’ve never made carbonara in my life. I’m mostly familiar with it coming in a powdered form in packets that you add milk to, with the result being more oddly acidic than creamy or delicious. I also understand that this is possibly the most bastardised recipe in Italian history, and in the effort of gaming authenticity I’ll be destroying carbonara once again by using cream and an onion, as is a mandatory inventory staple for any Sim.
Please make sure you have a smoke alarm installed before going any further, and don’t get distracted by a sudden urge to use the bathroom - the results could be disastrous! If a Sim can master this classic by Level 2, then so can anyone (or so you’d hope).
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-3.
What you will need: A large pot, a large frying pan/skillet, a colander and a grater.
250g / 9 oz Spaghetti/Bucatini
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion (Diced)
140g / 1 Cup Smoked Pancetta (Cubed)
25ml / .85 fl oz. White Wine (Optional)
2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
5 Tablespoons Percorino Cheese (Finely Grated)
40ml / 1.35 fl oz. Double/Heavy Cream
Fresh Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making the Goopy Carbonara:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, heat a the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry it quickly until it’s lightly crisped. If you’re adding the wine, do so now and cook until evaporated.
- By now your spaghetti should be done, strain it off but keep the water it cooked in to thin out the sauce later. Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion on a low heat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, cream, grated cheese and pepper together. Take the frying pan off the heat and add the cream mixture, some chopped parsley and toss until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Use the spaghetti water to thin out the sauce as desired, then ‘Call Household’ to the meal.
This Goopy Carbonara would be an incredible final meal for any Sim destined to enter a pool sometime later today, only to have the ladder mysteriously disappear… like I know so many of you are planning to do. For shame.
Like this? You might also enjoy The Sims - Key Lime Pie.
- projeckspelledwithak420 likes this
- ohleao likes this
- wishingtobewolf likes this
- bpdfukawa likes this
- touyams likes this
- waterlights likes this
- lunar-liz likes this
- chococat9 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chococat9 likes this
- homesuck-8-mlp-8- reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- homesuck-8-mlp-8- likes this
- peonymoonflower likes this
- ellietheheadbanger likes this
- epar likes this
- fvckhvney reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fvckhvney likes this
- madqueenunderthemountain likes this
- kittymountain likes this
- nondance reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sunnyoranges likes this
- another-bystander likes this
- phantastus likes this
- peachkind likes this
- lifeisfoodandlove likes this
- bbyblus likes this
- shukijenkins reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- shukijenkins likes this
- wecouldstayoungforever likes this
- f0x0n4c1d likes this
- sindurele likes this
- cleo-cleo-cleo likes this
- zippedshep likes this
- stasiaaab likes this
- stasiaaab reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- theamityvilletoaster reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nuclearpiss likes this
- cookingwithmyfriends reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- createthefuckingchaos likes this
- ace-shinkai likes this
- allisonnhi likes this
- svmmichvn likes this
- multibunnii likes this
- enmochi likes this
- randomminecrafterposts likes this
- femalepharaohra likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- neonbutterflys likes this
- hannahbeelol likes this
- saintbillie likes this
- spooky-woody-guthrie likes this