Request: The Sims - Goopy Carbonara
Despite my love of pasta/spaghetti, I’ve never made carbonara in my life. I’m mostly familiar with it coming in a powdered form in packets that you add milk to, with the result being more oddly acidic than creamy or delicious. I also understand that this is possibly the most bastardised recipe in Italian history, and in the effort of gaming authenticity I’ll be destroying carbonara once again by using cream and an onion, as is a mandatory inventory staple for any Sim.
Please make sure you have a smoke alarm installed before going any further, and don’t get distracted by a sudden urge to use the bathroom - the results could be disastrous! If a Sim can master this classic by Level 2, then so can anyone (or so you’d hope).
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-3.
What you will need: A large pot, a large frying pan/skillet, a colander and a grater.
250g / 9 oz Spaghetti/Bucatini
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion (Diced)
140g / 1 Cup Smoked Pancetta (Cubed)
25ml / .85 fl oz. White Wine (Optional)
2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
5 Tablespoons Percorino Cheese (Finely Grated)
40ml / 1.35 fl oz. Double/Heavy Cream
Fresh Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making the Goopy Carbonara:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, heat a the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry it quickly until it’s lightly crisped. If you’re adding the wine, do so now and cook until evaporated.
- By now your spaghetti should be done, strain it off but keep the water it cooked in to thin out the sauce later. Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion on a low heat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, cream, grated cheese and pepper together. Take the frying pan off the heat and add the cream mixture, some chopped parsley and toss until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Use the spaghetti water to thin out the sauce as desired, then ‘Call Household’ to the meal.
This Goopy Carbonara would be an incredible final meal for any Sim destined to enter a pool sometime later today, only to have the ladder mysteriously disappear… like I know so many of you are planning to do. For shame.
Like this? You might also enjoy The Sims - Key Lime Pie.
- chibinekocat likes this
- m0rg4n likes this
- an-aerial-attack reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- meranders likes this
- storm-studio likes this
- inkerdoodle likes this
- russbutt reblogged this from heromerica
- heromerica reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cryx36 likes this
- winged-fool likes this
- spicer-cthulhusummoning-lovejoy likes this
- beenabutterandjelly likes this
- doublemooncrab reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- doublemooncrab likes this
- averyboneygirl likes this
- pizzacop reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cistiel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- captainjin reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- srriot likes this
- chinkysoul likes this
- reallylikespie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- duncanbyrne reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- doggonegod likes this
- hyliankalmo likes this
- kawaiinosai reblogged this from cupboardgods
- cupboardgods reblogged this from shigatoxin
- cupboardgods likes this
- shigatoxin reblogged this from didney-worl-no-uta
- booyoupoo likes this
- mcfugghas reblogged this from didney-worl-no-uta
- bokkasdomain likes this
- ottabot likes this
- chellpresidente likes this
- chellpresidente reblogged this from samirows
- fangrl-4-life likes this
- galaticbats likes this
- spicycuzza likes this
- halloweennut likes this
- canyoufeelthefeelstonight reblogged this from didney-worl-no-uta
- canyoufeelthefeelstonight likes this
- master-assassin-den reblogged this from tesla-terenti
- randomspotofcraziness likes this
- pinkbaron likes this
- didney-worl-no-uta reblogged this from samirows
- arienhypersomnia reblogged this from samirows
- arienhypersomnia likes this
- mandaplz likes this
- tesla-terenti reblogged this from master-assassin-den