Request: The Sims - Goopy Carbonara
Despite my love of pasta/spaghetti, I’ve never made carbonara in my life. I’m mostly familiar with it coming in a powdered form in packets that you add milk to, with the result being more oddly acidic than creamy or delicious. I also understand that this is possibly the most bastardised recipe in Italian history, and in the effort of gaming authenticity I’ll be destroying carbonara once again by using cream and an onion, as is a mandatory inventory staple for any Sim.
Please make sure you have a smoke alarm installed before going any further, and don’t get distracted by a sudden urge to use the bathroom - the results could be disastrous! If a Sim can master this classic by Level 2, then so can anyone (or so you’d hope).
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-3.
What you will need: A large pot, a large frying pan/skillet, a colander and a grater.
250g / 9 oz Spaghetti/Bucatini
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion (Diced)
140g / 1 Cup Smoked Pancetta (Cubed)
25ml / .85 fl oz. White Wine (Optional)
2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
5 Tablespoons Percorino Cheese (Finely Grated)
40ml / 1.35 fl oz. Double/Heavy Cream
Fresh Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making the Goopy Carbonara:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, heat a the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry it quickly until it’s lightly crisped. If you’re adding the wine, do so now and cook until evaporated.
- By now your spaghetti should be done, strain it off but keep the water it cooked in to thin out the sauce later. Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion on a low heat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, cream, grated cheese and pepper together. Take the frying pan off the heat and add the cream mixture, some chopped parsley and toss until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Use the spaghetti water to thin out the sauce as desired, then ‘Call Household’ to the meal.
This Goopy Carbonara would be an incredible final meal for any Sim destined to enter a pool sometime later today, only to have the ladder mysteriously disappear… like I know so many of you are planning to do. For shame.
Like this? You might also enjoy The Sims - Key Lime Pie.
- voxxys likes this
- megrefs reblogged this from megthemaggot
- attack-on-pie-tin likes this
- reflektor4 likes this
- cahlaudia likes this
- napysbride reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chaosonbullshitmountain reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- maradfan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jedirangerjaina reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jedirangerjaina likes this
- monkeynetgam3r likes this
- addtlpylons likes this
- rings-many-bells likes this
- daaunttissy likes this
- plaecid likes this
- la-parapluie-rouge reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- tanaquil reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lovelytramp32 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- catwife likes this
- dunwich-dolls likes this
- voyousloup likes this
- basilisksubterfuge likes this
- nosilla-the-great reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- rose-wire likes this
- sznnh reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- sznnh likes this
- coorelightgrey reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- 5secondstomadness likes this
- santaploo likes this
- chaoticllamalove likes this
- puppyachoo likes this
- caucheumd likes this
- caughtinyourlandslide likes this
- conbravura likes this
- newdreamsstudio likes this
- 10percentofnothing reblogged this from thewrathofsithis
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- liwiskiwis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rikkugrape likes this
- riesgraf likes this
- fabulousasgard likes this
- s3xyd3mon95 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- s3xyd3mon95 likes this
- ladykittylynn likes this
- timeontheedge likes this
- irishrose87 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- irishrose87 likes this
- sailorlumina likes this
- deersincerely likes this