Request: The Sims - Goopy Carbonara
Despite my love of pasta/spaghetti, I’ve never made carbonara in my life. I’m mostly familiar with it coming in a powdered form in packets that you add milk to, with the result being more oddly acidic than creamy or delicious. I also understand that this is possibly the most bastardised recipe in Italian history, and in the effort of gaming authenticity I’ll be destroying carbonara once again by using cream and an onion, as is a mandatory inventory staple for any Sim.
Please make sure you have a smoke alarm installed before going any further, and don’t get distracted by a sudden urge to use the bathroom - the results could be disastrous! If a Sim can master this classic by Level 2, then so can anyone (or so you’d hope).
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 2-3.
What you will need: A large pot, a large frying pan/skillet, a colander and a grater.
250g / 9 oz Spaghetti/Bucatini
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Small White Onion (Diced)
140g / 1 Cup Smoked Pancetta (Cubed)
25ml / .85 fl oz. White Wine (Optional)
2 Large Eggs (Room Temperature)
5 Tablespoons Percorino Cheese (Finely Grated)
40ml / 1.35 fl oz. Double/Heavy Cream
Fresh Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (Chopped)
Making the Goopy Carbonara:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook your spaghetti ‘al dente’.
- Meanwhile, heat a the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and fry it quickly until it’s lightly crisped. If you’re adding the wine, do so now and cook until evaporated.
- By now your spaghetti should be done, strain it off but keep the water it cooked in to thin out the sauce later. Add the spaghetti to the pancetta and onion on a low heat and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, cream, grated cheese and pepper together. Take the frying pan off the heat and add the cream mixture, some chopped parsley and toss until the spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Use the spaghetti water to thin out the sauce as desired, then ‘Call Household’ to the meal.
This Goopy Carbonara would be an incredible final meal for any Sim destined to enter a pool sometime later today, only to have the ladder mysteriously disappear… like I know so many of you are planning to do. For shame.
Like this? You might also enjoy The Sims - Key Lime Pie.
- leftovers-of-a-genius likes this
- itsmyrandalove likes this
- hannibals-psychiatrist likes this
- howlingvoid likes this
- andros-library likes this
- emergencyuseonly likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- theemeraldterror likes this
- raupenimmerasatt reblogged this from asliverofmybrain
- doctorwhoovesfan likes this
- ren-koubabies likes this
- lalaalynna likes this
- mademoiselletatou reblogged this from cupomalik
- cupomalik reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sweetyetichild reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thequeenofthephonies reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thequeenofthephonies likes this
- tedmosebysuitup likes this
- askvirginia reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- deathslittlegirllizu likes this
- thebawbmobile reblogged this from grey-goose-and-gucci
- riserion likes this
- m4kara-references reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thelunafel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thelunafel likes this
- mozartmozart likes this
- punk-nugget likes this
- jackienguyener likes this
- homeownerassociation reblogged this from mteeeezy
- run-jump-and-fly likes this
- mteeeezy reblogged this from lovediemmie
- unblissfullyaware likes this
- qlgingerblade reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- qlgingerblade likes this
- ivorykitten likes this
- serpent-moon likes this
- jyllee likes this
- dancerskickshins reblogged this from simlifecrisis
- utatanepikothemaster likes this
- moonberrypie reblogged this from thesimsofficial
- blujaybay likes this
- the-8ths-wonderland-residents reblogged this from kudalyn
- danadelions likes this
- the-8ths-wonderland-residents likes this
- kudalyn reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kudalyn likes this
- jennrogue reblogged this from thesimsofficial
- elgie-food-likes reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jackcalico reblogged this from gourmetgaming