Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep – Spark Lemon
After what has seemed like an eternal winter (I’ve worn some kind of coat every day for over a year now) the sun has made it’s way back North to Edinburgh. This unseasonable warmth has been glorious; barbecues in the park, lunch on Calton Hill and far too much exposed white flesh. Of course, I’m currently missing out on what is probably going to be our only week of sun for the year because I have a horrible cold. I thought I was going to have to miss this weeks post but then I realised I could make something that would be both medicinal and gaming related – as the two seem to go hand-in-hand for me anyway. I’d been holding back attempting this amazing looking treat for a suitable time to post, but now seems as good a time as any. For anyone local enjoying the weather, or someone like me with a sore throat, this Kingdom Hearts Spark Lemon sundae is perfect.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 4.
What you will need: Greaseproof paper/baking parchment, a rolling pin, a knife, a zester or fine grater, 2 bowls, and 2 piping bags.
5 Large Unwaxed Lemons
450g / 3 Cups Vanilla Ice-cream
2 Tablespoons Lemon Curd
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
25g / 1 Cup Meringue (Crushed)
75g / ½ Cup Lemon Sorbet
Green/Blue Royal Icing
1 Slice of Lemon
2 Tablespoons Lemon Curd
Sprigs of Mint
Preparing the Spark Lemon:
- To make the ‘spark’ garnishes, roll out some coloured royal icing and trim into the desired shapes. You’ll need two lightning bolts per Spark Lemon. Leave the icing shapes out to air dry and become hard.
- Take a large, decent sized lemon and cut the top off it. This will become your ‘bowl’ for the ice-cream. Hollow out the centre then pop it in the freezer to chill.
- Meanwhile, allow the vanilla ice-cream to soften a little. Take half the vanilla ice-cream (225g / 1 ½ Cups) in one mixing bowl, and the other half in another.
- Add the lemon curd and the lemon zest to one half of the vanilla ice-cream, mix thoroughly then return the ice-cream to the freezer to chill.
- To the other half of vanilla ice-cream, add the crushed meringue and return it to the freezer to chill too.
- Once the lemon is nice and cold, and your ice-creams are chilled, you’re ready to make the Spark Lemon.
Making the Spark Lemon:
- Take the lemon out of the freezer. Put two tablespoons of lemon sorbet in the base.
- Next, spoon in the vanilla meringue ice-cream and fill it up until it’s level with the top of the lemon. Return the lemon to the freezer until the ice-creams have chilled.
- Once chilled, take a piping bag and fill it with the vanilla and lemon curd ice-cream. Starting in the centre of the lemon, pipe around and up to create a swirl of vanilla and lemon curd ice-cream on top.
- Use a piping bag to create a swirl of lemon curd around the ice-cream, then garnish with a sprig of mint, slice of lemon and the icing ‘sparks’, and enjoy!
"A lemon ice cream whose sour power will have you wincing in joy", that’s a tough mark to hit! But I did it! There’s a delightful contrast here between smooth and creamy vanilla, sweet lemon curd and tart sorbet - a treat with a serious zing. And you know, my throat is feeling much better already. Use any left over lemon and mint to make a delicious and refreshing lemonade!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Kingdom Hearts II – Sea Salt Ice-Cream.
- mousethelion likes this
- atelierataraxia reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nightmarewolf43 likes this
- thetechnicolorsystem likes this
- napysbride reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- eleternia reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- chaosonbullshitmountain reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- scarfandre likes this
- wolvesofzanarkand reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- leonerone reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- la-parapluie-rouge reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- zfighteramuro likes this
- leonerone likes this
- birdsan likes this
- everydecapitatedbody reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- everydecapitatedbody likes this
- dontbegforthings likes this
- dafuqyoutakinbout likes this
- dafuqyoutakinbout reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- moogle555 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- moogle555 likes this
- lovelytramp32 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- voyousloup likes this
- curious-vampdriver likes this
- techienaivax reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- glowingeyesoffire likes this
- conbravura likes this
- madameyam likes this
- fatesruin likes this
- fatesruin reblogged this from lithiel
- lithiel reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thewrathofsithis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bitchdeer likes this
- inspiritaire reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- oxygen-overdose likes this
- dunn-deel likes this
- novem-ix reblogged this from eus-mylus
- androidamber likes this
- yuuchan-dream reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- comatoseasuka likes this
- derederemoto reblogged this from suitofcards
- suitofcards reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- interimnity likes this
- strawberry--butterfly reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- dreamadept likes this
- lampties reblogged this from cuonalpinus
- lampties likes this
- cuonalpinus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- saitemthewriter likes this
- prospitiandreamer reblogged this from gourmetgaming