Request: Persona 4 – Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl
Back in the initial days of Gourmet Gaming I made the Steak Skewers from Persona 4. It was one of my earliest requests and the first popular post that seemed to strike something within the incredible Persona fan-base. I thought it was only fair that after a slew of new requests for the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl that I repay their kindness and revisit Persona 4 as a game that’s helped make Gourmet Gaming what it is today. To be honest the thing that sold me on making this dish was the idea that this “bowl is a portal to the meat dimension”. A meat. Dimension. Let’s think about that for a moment… Do you think you have enough understanding, knowledge, courage and diligence to face this challenge?
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipes serves 2.
What you will need: A large wok, a frying pan and a large bowl.
250g / 1 Cup White Rice
500g / 17oz Frying Steak
4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
100g / 1 Cup White Onion (Sliced)
1 Teaspoon Garlic
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger (Grated)
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli (Chopped)
2 Teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
200g / 1 Cup Brown Chestnut Mushrooms (Quartered)
50g / 1 ½ Cup Pak Choi (Sliced)
150g / 2 Cups Bean Sprouts
2 Teaspoons Dark Soy Sauce
250ml / 1 Cup Beef Stock
- Boil the rice as per the instructions; usually 1 part rice to 2 parts water.
- Slice the steak into strips and place them in a bowl. Add the light soy sauce, cornflour and mix well. Leave the beef to marinate for about 15 minutes.
Making the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl:
- On a high heat, heat the wok then pour in the olive oil and sesame oil. Add the beef and fry until browned (about a minute or two) then remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the onions to the wok and fry them until soft. Add the garlic, red chilli, ginger, Chinese five spice and lightly fry.
- Add pak choi, bean sprouts and mushrooms and stir fry for several minutes. Once lightly cooked return the beef to the wok.
- Pour in the beef stock and dark soy sauce. Allow the mixture to reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a separate frying pan and fry the egg until lightly crispy, then remove from the pan and set aside for later. Feel free to poach the egg or leave it raw for authenticity.
- By now your rice should be cooked; spoon the rice into a bowl then layer on the beef and top with the egg. You’re now ready to face the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl Challenge!
You can also make a vegetarian version of this dish by replacing the beef with tofu and the beef stock with vegetable stock. I don’t know if it’s because it was 11PM by the time I got to eat this after a horrible mix up with my food delivery or if it actually is one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. Either way this wasn’t much of a challenge for me as I practically inhaled the dish. I’ve had egg fried rice before, but I had no idea how awesome a fried egg on top of a stir fry would be - all this time I’ve been missing out! It’s a rich, spicy and sweet dish that would, funnily enough, be a perfectly reinvigorating meal on a cold or rainy day. So the next time it rains, why not make this dish and set yourself a challenge of your very own! It’s sure to improve some aspects of your personality (your friends can thank me later). Aiyaaaaa!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Persona 4 - Steak Skewers.
- lyllium reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rerocherry reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- gizmo-takamora likes this
- angelwithanassbutt likes this
- symphonicwinds likes this
- darklthemsby reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- darklthemsby likes this
- supersamirai reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- gogetsomedonald likes this
- dena-san reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- polomo567 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- polomo567 likes this
- matizorosa-kenshiro-lypha likes this
- bloodisaur likes this
- bloodisaur reblogged this from magnum-master-lady-hunk
- magnum-master-lady-hunk reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- magnum-master-lady-hunk likes this
- joliesteelie likes this
- sky-garden reblogged this from nazoraeru
- nazoraeru reblogged this from cocoabo
- poseygarden likes this
- nekupower likes this
- screamingblueoctahedron likes this
- longsword97-berylimagination reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nyrodineezayo likes this
- makutamatata reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- makutamatata likes this
- lunamidnightsluz reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- badokami likes this
- theonlyjoumae reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- hirojagger likes this
- battyshogun likes this
- worldwideremix reblogged this from yangderexiaolong
- worldwideremix likes this
- comatoseconfidant reblogged this from yangderexiaolong
- comatoseconfidant likes this
- insanitytm likes this
- thechibeh likes this
- thechibeh reblogged this from yangderexiaolong
- yangderexiaolong reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- yangderexiaolong likes this
- p-a-n-t-s-u likes this
- fizzyfreud reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fizzyfreud likes this
- killstein reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- callmekingwzrd reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- callmekingwzrd likes this
- shensurei likes this
- once-ditten reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added: