Request: Persona 4 – Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl
Back in the initial days of Gourmet Gaming I made the Steak Skewers from Persona 4. It was one of my earliest requests and the first popular post that seemed to strike something within the incredible Persona fan-base. I thought it was only fair that after a slew of new requests for the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl that I repay their kindness and revisit Persona 4 as a game that’s helped make Gourmet Gaming what it is today. To be honest the thing that sold me on making this dish was the idea that this “bowl is a portal to the meat dimension”. A meat. Dimension. Let’s think about that for a moment… Do you think you have enough understanding, knowledge, courage and diligence to face this challenge?
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipes serves 2.
What you will need: A large wok, a frying pan and a large bowl.
250g / 1 Cup White Rice
500g / 17oz Frying Steak
4 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
100g / 1 Cup White Onion (Sliced)
1 Teaspoon Garlic
1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger (Grated)
1 Teaspoon Red Chilli (Chopped)
2 Teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
200g / 1 Cup Brown Chestnut Mushrooms (Quartered)
50g / 1 ½ Cup Pak Choi (Sliced)
150g / 2 Cups Bean Sprouts
2 Teaspoons Dark Soy Sauce
250ml / 1 Cup Beef Stock
- Boil the rice as per the instructions; usually 1 part rice to 2 parts water.
- Slice the steak into strips and place them in a bowl. Add the light soy sauce, cornflour and mix well. Leave the beef to marinate for about 15 minutes.
Making the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl:
- On a high heat, heat the wok then pour in the olive oil and sesame oil. Add the beef and fry until browned (about a minute or two) then remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add the onions to the wok and fry them until soft. Add the garlic, red chilli, ginger, Chinese five spice and lightly fry.
- Add pak choi, bean sprouts and mushrooms and stir fry for several minutes. Once lightly cooked return the beef to the wok.
- Pour in the beef stock and dark soy sauce. Allow the mixture to reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a little oil in a separate frying pan and fry the egg until lightly crispy, then remove from the pan and set aside for later. Feel free to poach the egg or leave it raw for authenticity.
- By now your rice should be cooked; spoon the rice into a bowl then layer on the beef and top with the egg. You’re now ready to face the Aiya Rainy Day Special Mega Beef Bowl Challenge!
You can also make a vegetarian version of this dish by replacing the beef with tofu and the beef stock with vegetable stock. I don’t know if it’s because it was 11PM by the time I got to eat this after a horrible mix up with my food delivery or if it actually is one of the best things I’ve ever tasted. Either way this wasn’t much of a challenge for me as I practically inhaled the dish. I’ve had egg fried rice before, but I had no idea how awesome a fried egg on top of a stir fry would be - all this time I’ve been missing out! It’s a rich, spicy and sweet dish that would, funnily enough, be a perfectly reinvigorating meal on a cold or rainy day. So the next time it rains, why not make this dish and set yourself a challenge of your very own! It’s sure to improve some aspects of your personality (your friends can thank me later). Aiyaaaaa!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Persona 4 - Steak Skewers.
- magnellio likes this
- tangelomadness likes this
- dkgyvrgjauvv likes this
- anti-clock likes this
- krayolapastels likes this
- sadjoonmyunissad reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- raupenimmerasatt reblogged this from asliverofmybrain
- gijinkaglaceon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- shados likes this
- katieb00p likes this
- beefcakeemperor likes this
- persona4-ever likes this
- mochi-latte likes this
- kiksrukak reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- jaiface likes this
- sukhrajb likes this
- komaedadang reblogged this from phantastus
- brezifus reblogged this from phantastus
- brezifus likes this
- kitty-desu reblogged this from official4kids
- goodnlght likes this
- silenthillone likes this
- official4kids reblogged this from phantastus
- official4kids likes this
- senatorchugway likes this
- phantastus reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mexicancat-girl likes this
- grandcactus likes this
- thegravityqueen reblogged this from beakyreplies
- thegravityqueen likes this
- beakyreplies reblogged this from thatsmrcattoyou
- dogsong233 likes this
- peanutbutterconcerto reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- peanutbutterconcerto likes this
- mischievouscassina likes this
- sordid-skeleton likes this
- elyison reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ren-koubabies likes this
- professortytopolis reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- redrosegamer450 likes this
- an-odd-divide likes this
- ieg likes this
- korkokiri reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- wolfspeaker1318 likes this
- pea-gravel likes this
- bootieshunter likes this
- chefpencilcat reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- commander-night likes this