Dragon Age – Found Cake
When I had a read through Game Rant’s “Most Disappointing Games of 2011” I wasn’t surprised when I saw Dragon Age II among the expected movie tie-in games of the year. Although I know a lot of people loved it, it was a saddening shadow of the awesome that was Dragon Age and an even greater festering husk of Baldur’s Gate for me. I was so involved with Dragon Age and so attached to Alistair (I don’t even find blond men attractive) I once drunkenly reprimanded a guy with the same name at a party for sacrificing himself at the end of my tale. I’m not sure how he felt when I declared my love and explained the impending grief for both me and the people of Ferelden but thankfully I still had my trusty dog (Bucephalus) who once brought me this cake. Personally, I don’t know what the hell Tycho was complaining about – I’d eat a “found cake”. Cake is cake, after all.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipes serves 6.
What you will need: Two 8inch (20cm) round sandwich tins, sieve, 2 mixing bowls and a whisk.
175g / ¾ Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
175g / ¾ Cup Caster/Fine Grain Sugar
3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
175g / ¾ Cup Self-Raising Flour
70g / ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder (High Quality)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
250ml / 1 Cup Whipping Cream
Icing/Confectioners Sugar (Optional)
2 Strawberries (Halved)
Dog Spittle (Optional)
Making the Found Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F. Grease the cake tin with a little butter, line it with greaseproof paper/baking parchment and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy. While continuing to mix, gradually add the eggs and whisk well until light and fluffy.
- Sieve in half the flour, gently fold it in then sieve in the rest of the flour along with the cocoa powder and baking powder. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Divide the cake mix between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The top of the cakes should spring back when softly pressed if ready. Once cooked, remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the cakes from the tins. Whip the cream (with a little sugar if you wish), spread half the cream on top of one layer then turn the other layer upside down, place it on top and cover with the remainder of the cream. Place 3 of the strawberry halves on top to decorate.
- Optional: Place the cake on your kitchen floor and get your dog to serve it for that final, authentic touch.
I’ve based the recipe for the Found Cake off the traditional Victoria sponge. This is a simple, fuss-free cake that wouldn’t be out of place in a Ferelden setting. It’s incredibly light and fluffy which means you can eat four slices for each slice of normal cake, ideal for any New Year dieters, because I’m pretty sure lack of cake is what turned Flemeth into that dragon.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Portal - Cake.
- sparkzypoo likes this
- javigabi likes this
- plantshy likes this
- winged-fool likes this
- feather-light-flight likes this
- everything-for-nobody likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- milkti reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- milkti likes this
- lonelypancakes likes this
- victorshade likes this
- spaceelf likes this
- solstice-hearts reblogged this from socially-awkward-connor
- blandtea likes this
- dannegatiobellona likes this
- cptn-ressentiment reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- homesweethomewreckage likes this
- ravynsreferences reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- heroofwraithmarsh likes this
- refimon likes this
- givemeyourcontroller likes this
- zevgirl likes this
- lindira reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lindira likes this
- mrbob0822 likes this
- tatsuya-suou likes this
- idlepsyche reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- saxaros likes this
- paracetalol likes this
- mentalbravery likes this
- cookingwithsimon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- hadeniikuze likes this
- willowspark likes this
- andipandy likes this
- vriska-the-badass likes this
- ririkat likes this
- flancy69 likes this
- ohsupermilk reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- asgardiansammich reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- wardenofthenorth likes this
- daughterofwinterhell reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- simi234 likes this
- isyth-hawke likes this
- latulasradcatchbro likes this
- yourninjamaster likes this
- zeecaptein reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- arbo-gwinchey likes this
- naxios10 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- naxios10 likes this