Dragon Age – Found Cake
When I had a read through Game Rant’s “Most Disappointing Games of 2011” I wasn’t surprised when I saw Dragon Age II among the expected movie tie-in games of the year. Although I know a lot of people loved it, it was a saddening shadow of the awesome that was Dragon Age and an even greater festering husk of Baldur’s Gate for me. I was so involved with Dragon Age and so attached to Alistair (I don’t even find blond men attractive) I once drunkenly reprimanded a guy with the same name at a party for sacrificing himself at the end of my tale. I’m not sure how he felt when I declared my love and explained the impending grief for both me and the people of Ferelden but thankfully I still had my trusty dog (Bucephalus) who once brought me this cake. Personally, I don’t know what the hell Tycho was complaining about – I’d eat a “found cake”. Cake is cake, after all.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipes serves 6.
What you will need: Two 8inch (20cm) round sandwich tins, sieve, 2 mixing bowls and a whisk.
175g / ¾ Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
175g / ¾ Cup Caster/Fine Grain Sugar
3 Eggs (Room Temperature)
175g / ¾ Cup Self-Raising Flour
70g / ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder (High Quality)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
250ml / 1 Cup Whipping Cream
Icing/Confectioners Sugar (Optional)
2 Strawberries (Halved)
Dog Spittle (Optional)
Making the Found Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F. Grease the cake tin with a little butter, line it with greaseproof paper/baking parchment and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until pale and creamy. While continuing to mix, gradually add the eggs and whisk well until light and fluffy.
- Sieve in half the flour, gently fold it in then sieve in the rest of the flour along with the cocoa powder and baking powder. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Divide the cake mix between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The top of the cakes should spring back when softly pressed if ready. Once cooked, remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the cakes from the tins. Whip the cream (with a little sugar if you wish), spread half the cream on top of one layer then turn the other layer upside down, place it on top and cover with the remainder of the cream. Place 3 of the strawberry halves on top to decorate.
- Optional: Place the cake on your kitchen floor and get your dog to serve it for that final, authentic touch.
I’ve based the recipe for the Found Cake off the traditional Victoria sponge. This is a simple, fuss-free cake that wouldn’t be out of place in a Ferelden setting. It’s incredibly light and fluffy which means you can eat four slices for each slice of normal cake, ideal for any New Year dieters, because I’m pretty sure lack of cake is what turned Flemeth into that dragon.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Portal - Cake.
- chiobe likes this
- f0x0n4c1d likes this
- manic-pixie-whatthefuck likes this
- svmmichvn likes this
- lilnerd99 likes this
- lesbians-for-you likes this
- itsraindropper likes this
- rawr-im-a-zombie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rawr-im-a-zombie likes this
- penandapincushion reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- kotarawr reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rebe1queen reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sochoup likes this
- mallow-wolf reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- mallow-wolf likes this
- bladeosiris likes this
- recipes242 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- salariedfiddle likes this
- ohonnii likes this
- bookerdoit reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bookerdoit likes this
- sarabi109 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- axionfior reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- skyref reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- bubbles-up-and-disappear likes this
- blackymagpie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sweetheartblue reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- inastarahony reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- manrei likes this
- lvxele likes this
- alyisayif likes this
- hachidomosenpai likes this
- 5pyd3rkr33p reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- dayumpens likes this
- defluxi reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- nerdyspace1999 likes this
- momoloveskai reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- candlelightchaos28 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- candlelightchaos28 likes this
- remi-dee likes this
- inokoo likes this
- fairysneurons reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fairysneurons likes this
- belladicks-lestrange likes this
- nanamicreamcola likes this
- wolfen-faerie likes this
- swirlicanes likes this
- petrol-suitcase likes this
- futuristics likes this
- scatters likes this