Request: The Sims – Key Lime Pie
Last Thursday it was Adam’s birthday, he hates the idea of birthday cakes and any kind of fanfare but I couldn’t let his day go by without him having something nice to eat. His favourite dessert is Key Lime pie and I just happened to have a string of requests for the same dish from when I made The Sims Mac and Cheese. Although not the most bizarre dish to appear in The Sims (I’m looking at you ‘Eggs Machiavellian’, eggs and watermelon? Really?!) it seems to be one of the most popular in-game desserts - I know that my Sim bakes it on a regular occasion only to leave servings of it around the house for impending pie emergencies. Since it now counts as a Gourmet Gaming post, it’s no longer a birthday treat and therefore acceptable for a non-celebration… right?
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 6-8.
What you will need: A 9-inch pie dish, a whisk, a grater and a large bowl.
For the Crust:
200g / 2 Cups Crushed Digestives (or Graham Crackers)
2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
45g / ¼ Cups Caster/Granulated Sugar
135g / ⅝ Cup Butter (Melted)
For the Lime Filling:
4 Large Egg Yolks
400ml / 1 ¾ Cups Condensed Milk
6 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tablespoons Lime Zest (Grated)
Lime Jelly (Jell-o)
120ml / ½ Cup Double Cream
2 Tablespoons Icing/Confectioners Sugar
5 Quarter-Lime Slices
Making the Key Lime Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and place a baking tray inside. Grease and line a pie dish and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the crushed digestives, ginger, sugar and butter then press evenly into the prepared pie dish. Place the pie dish in the oven on top of the preheated baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes. Once cooked remove and set aside to cool.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy and gradually add the condensed milk. Pour in the lime juice and add the lime zest, mix well then pour the mixture into the cooled pie base.
- Place the pie back into the oven (still at 175C/350F) for about 15 minutes or until the mixture has set. Once cooked remove the pie and allow to cool before placing in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the lime jelly (Jell-o) as per the packet instructions. Allow the jelly mixture to cool significantly, once lukewarm remove the chilled pie from the fridge and carefully pour a small amount of the jelly liquid over (just enough to cover the pie filling) then return to the fridge until the jelly has set.
- Before serving, whip the double cream with the sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Spoon the cream into an icing bag and pipe the cream in a circle around the edge and pipe a dollop into the middle of the pie. Arrange the lime slices around the centre.
I’m not usually a fan of citrus things, I often find lemony flavours over powering and they just make me feel like I’m eating kitchen cleaner. I had it in my mind that this was going to come out terrible, I didn’t even know what Key Lime Pie was supposed to taste like since I’d never dared try any before. It reminded me mostly of a cheese cake and amazingly the lime jelly added a nice sweetness against the tart filling. I’ve decided that baked creamy-pie-cake things are becoming my forte which is ironic considering they’re the one thing I can’t really eat but I suffer the small taster slice for you guys… Oh and Happy Birthday, Adam!
Like this? You might also enjoy the Sims - Mac and Cheese.
- sarahlils likes this
- masterphreak likes this
- iamvanillablueice reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thedemonballerina likes this
- thefreak5432 likes this
- peachkind likes this
- bnoffeepi likes this
- 8bitcuisine reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- briochebread reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- robotokid reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- yumegui likes this
- chucky-in-a-nut reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- oneofthegoths likes this
- richardyea likes this
- slowly-under-construction likes this
- momoloveskai reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- prancing-pies likes this
- hachidomosenpai likes this
- gofindyourmemories likes this
- inokoo likes this
- fairysneurons reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- fairysneurons likes this
- rocketdogs likes this
- captainsuckass likes this
- futuristics likes this
- scatters likes this
- pokemon88ism likes this
- xwillowsin likes this
- soklugalswiezuvor reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- girlschoolriot likes this
- mr-doodlezz likes this
- andydottumblr likes this
- theotherdynamitegal likes this
- alanriggs likes this
- beasts-of-the-southern-wild likes this
- missmonochromexiii likes this
- knowwheretolook reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- heartstone-x reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thepeoplewatcher likes this
- jinxedmaya reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- itsmyrandalove likes this
- falling-asleep-in-your-arms reblogged this from makoto-magica
- falling-asleep-in-your-arms likes this
- makoto-magica reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- giovannis-library likes this
- jinxedmaya likes this
- marshmallowservant likes this
- se-tu-mismo-y-vive-la-vida reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lunarosen64 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- princesswiththeloudmouth reblogged this from gourmetgaming