The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Sweet Roll
This Friday Skyrim will be hitting the shelves and it’s one of my most highly anticipated releases of this year! Since I’ll be spending the entire weekend glued to my TV and ignoring all signals from my body that it’s tired and wants to go to bed (my brain will be shouting “DRAGONS!” to keep me perky) I figured I’d need some suitable snacks. I read a pretty funny article last week called “Things I Ate In Skyrim” that obviously included the infamous Sweet Roll. Before you climb up on your high armoured horse and start saying “that doesn’t look like any Sweetroll I’ve ever seen” this is a Skyrim edition Sweet Roll (note: no longer “Sweetroll” as it used to be in Morrorwind and Oblivion) that we got a sneak peek at - it seems to have gotten a bit of a visual upgrade and some frosting! I’ve gone with a dense spiced cake recipe that I think compliments the rustic, fantasy setting.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe makes 6 Sweet Rolls.
What you will need: Large deep muffin tray, greaseproof paper/baking parchment, sieve, 2 bowls, wooden spoon, a pot and a knife.
For the Sweet Rolls:
180g / 1 Cup Butter (Room Temperature)
175g / ¾ Cup White Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
250g / 2 Cups Self-Raising Flour
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
125ml / ½ Cup Milk
For the Frosting:
200g / 1 Cup Cream Cheese
55g / ¼ Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
125g / 1 Cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar
For the Cinnamon Syrup:
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons White Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
Preparing the Sweet Rolls:
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. To prepare the muffin tray, cut small squares of greaseproof paper and stuff them into each muffin well – create folds and crinkles and then smooth them out to help create a rustic, uneven finish to the cakes.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and maple syrup together until pale and creamy. Add the eggs one and a time and mix well.
- Sift in the self-raising flour and cinnamon then add the milk and stir gently until a smooth batter forms.
- Fill the prepared muffin tray with the batter, filling each well nearly to the top and place in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (a skewer inserted should come out clean when cooked thoroughly). Set aside and allow to cool completely while you prepare the syrup and frosting.
Making the Frosting:
- Add the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix gently until combined.
- Slowly sift in the icing/confectioners sugar and stir gently. Allow to chill in the fridge before using.
Making the Cinnamon Syrup:
- In a pan on a medium-high heat melt the butter, sugar and cinnamon together until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside for use later.
Making the Sweet Rolls:
- Unwrap the cakes from the paper and careful slice the puffy top off the cake. Turn the cake upside down so that the cut top is now the bottom.
- Cut a small hole in the top of the cake that’s about 1cm deep and 1cm across. Pour a little of the cinnamon syrup into the hole.
- Drizzle the frosting over the top of the cake and serve.
Now for the infamous question: While in town the baker gives you a Sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy only to be interecepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the Sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it.
Act like you’re going to give him the Sweetroll, but at the last minute throw it into the air. Hoping that they’ll pay attention long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader.
Drop the Sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight.
Give him the Sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you.
Protip: Don’t take your Sweet Rolls into any alleys.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - S’Jirra’s Famous Potato Bread.
- mintmairi reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- b-asorexiaa likes this
- deansperkylittleass likes this
- deansperkylittleass reblogged this from burkcahow
- burkcahow reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- cherrii likes this
- itsraindropper likes this
- la-parapluie-rouge likes this
- bakurasdick likes this
- shadica likes this
- funky-futon-dreams likes this
- rawr-im-a-zombie reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rawr-im-a-zombie likes this
- the-green-mcguyv3r reblogged this from weareimmunetobullets
- lividust likes this
- sometimesgoscaw likes this
- weareimmunetobullets reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- akatosh likes this
- cat101495 likes this
- thedemonballerina likes this
- buam-universe likes this
- aurorabell13 reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- pinkie-tea reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- destroythemwithlazers likes this
- frozen-arrow likes this
- baylormerbear reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thejackknife reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- thejackknife likes this
- stark42 likes this
- peachkind likes this
- kotarawr reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- willisapirate likes this
- shrekordiebro reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- rebe1queen reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- spiritualotter reblogged this from suddenlywaffle
- courfferre reblogged this from buckybarnza
- buckybarnza reblogged this from dragonborn-photos
- 8bitcuisine reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- lyricmusical reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- shinidispatchdirector likes this
- shinidispatchdirector reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- sugarhisses reblogged this from ghosthostwiththemost
- hellhog likes this
- wingedflower reblogged this from ghosthostwiththemost
- ghosthostwiththemost reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- confused-thing likes this
- cadaverwithasicknote likes this
- mongtsatsa likes this
- callmemissdudette reblogged this from sjinnanigans