Request: Deadly Premonition (Red Seeds Profile) - Thomas’ Biscuit
I had to hold off on doing this recipe so there would be enough of a gap between the infamous Sinner’s Sandwich and this second offering from the amazing Deadly Premonition, so it’s really exciting that I’m finally getting to make it! Thomas’ Biscuit is cited by Francis York Morgan as having the perfect balance of milk and butter and apparently you can tell the extra love and care that Thomas puts into them. They’re incredibly scarce in the game, you only ever have a couple in your possession not counting the one that appears in a cut-scene, but they do restore all of your fatigue and health - they’re just that awesome. The fact they’re called “biscuits” confuses my European brain as I know that as something flat and crumbly not tall and cake-like as it appears on the illusive in-game trading card. But this is middle America… a logging town… (sounding familiar?) so of course it’s an American style biscuit which is remarkably similar to a British scone. I’ve decided to make a slightly sweeter and lighter version that will hopefully live up to Thomas’ recipe.
Click ‘Read More’ for the full recipe!
This recipe serves 6-8.
What you will need: Greaseproof/baking paper, baking tray, large bowl, sieve, rolling pin, a medium and small round cookie cutter, small bowl.
325g / 2½ Cups Plain Flour
2½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
½ Teaspoon Salt
30g / ⅛ Cup Golden Caster Sugar
120g / ⅔ Cup Cold Butter
180ml / ¾ Cup Milk
1½ Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C/390F and line a baking tray with greaseproof/baking paper. In a small bowl lightly beat one egg and a tablespoon of milk.
- In a large bowl sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into chunks and with your fingertips rub it into the flour mixture until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk, one egg and vanilla and stir until combined - it should be thick, sticky and lumpy.
- Place the mixture on a floured surface and knead gently until a dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out until it is about ½ an inch thick then cut out biscuits with a medium round cookie cutter and remove the centre with a small round cookie cutter.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking tray and brush the tops with the beaten egg and milk mixture. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
Thomas’s Biscuit is rather important to myself and everyone else who was involved with our play through of Deadly Premonition. When defeating the final boss we got bashed and battered around a bit and we almost couldn’t finish it for a lack of health and then we remembered. We had Thomas’ Biscuit and we ate it and it was good and it saved Greenvale. Straight from the oven I enjoyed these with a fresh cup of coffee (obviously) and a little butter and jam. They were so delicious. There’s scope here to add spices or fruits or whatever you’d like and use this recipe as a base, but it’s true what Francis York Morgan said about the balance and taste. Perfectly delicious in everyway and a new personal favourite. Once they’ve cooled I think they’d be pretty good with the traditional American serving of gravy. Maybe these are what the Raincoat Killer was chasing you for all that time? I wouldn’t blame him.
Like this? You might also enjoy the Deadly Premonition - Sinner’s Sandwich.
- chibinekocat likes this
- jakface likes this
- alfredjonesactionhero likes this
- russbutt reblogged this from heromerica
- heromerica reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- clearingpuppy reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- clearingpuppy likes this
- skyelogan reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- annabluh likes this
- asassypikachu likes this
- brianmagno likes this
- quarticchrono likes this
- tvface reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- tvface likes this
- heroparker likes this
- intoxicating-starlight likes this
- amtny reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- spaceelf likes this
- alexis-royce reblogged this from gourmetgaming and added:
- cjyouabusta likes this
- sanitywhatis likes this
- choitoygoysoy likes this
- endesu reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- endesu likes this
- ohsupermilk reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- daughterofwinterhell reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- tamlen likes this
- quietcold reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- dreamprotected likes this
- lovelygardenia likes this
- permitted likes this
- lyreliar likes this
- notthesquiddiestfish reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- diirawringly reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- ihatebikeshorts reblogged this from serenityfrost
- serenityfrost reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- willowisper likes this
- mikejames92 likes this
- old-timer likes this
- youcancallmelola likes this
- lanoiresakura likes this
- nikkistolich likes this
- hel-daughter-of-loki likes this
- chairmeleon likes this
- mayjustbeadead likes this
- satxtan likes this
- obliquitous likes this
- daemon-the-red-demon reblogged this from gourmetgaming
- daemon-the-red-demon likes this
- wiimotechance likes this